Okay people, your lives are funny. Run with it! Join in on the Life is Funny blog carnival below!
My mom has been friends with "V" for a long time. V is creative and artistic. V is also completely nuts. I want to be her when I grow up.
One of V's many talents is that of a floral designer. Not only can she create amazing arrangements, she also has a green thumb at home with an incredible garden to show for it. Mom was always asking her the names of different flowers and V would give her the latin names for them all. So they were at this fancy-schmancy nursery together one day and my mom went to ask the sales guy if they carried a certain type of flower because she really wanted it for her yard. It was at this point that V decided to tell my mom she shouldn't do that... She'd made up all the "latin" names for the flowers because she didn't know what they were. Hey, the names sounded good. Niiiice.
But my all-time favorite V story was when my mom and V were out early one morning driving through a neighborhood. V spotted a woman in front of her house who had come out in a robe, slippers and curlers in her hair. V slowed down, honked and waved at the woman. As she drove off, my mom asked who that was. V's response? "I don't know. I just wanted her to think that someone she knows saw her like that." Classic.
So I've got something to work towards. Crazy is more than a job, it's an adventure!
Now it's your turn. Ready to play? Here's what you do.
1. Anytime this week, blog about what in life you find funny. It could be something that happened during the week, your general impression about why life is funny, or even just your favorite joke. Be creative!
2. Please put a link to my blog in your post. And I'd appreciate it if you'd add my carnival button (made for me by Andie - thanks so much Andie!) to your post. To make this easy, I've put the code to do so under my blog button on my sidebar to the right.
3. After you've posted, come back here and sign up on Mr. Linky below. For the first box, put your name and your blog (example: Wendy @ Weight...What?), then your URL in the second box. Make sure you link directly to your "Life is Funny" post (not to your main page) so we can all read what you have to say.
4. Visit all the other participants and see what they have to say, even if you don't have a blog of your own. And very important: Comment, comment, comment! Oh, how we love getting comments...
5. If you Twitter, please tweet about this - the more participants, the merrier! So go out and spread the laughter! I can't wait to see what everyone has to say!