Saturday, January 10, 2009

Your nose is running - better go catch it!

Photobucket

I went to dinner tonight with my family to celebrate my niece's 11th birthday (Happy Birthday Bubba!) and during the conversation, my blog came up. Always helpful, my dad suggested that I post tonight about kids and runny noses. I had a different topic planned earlier today, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was. So, runny noses it is. Ick.

I find it odd that kids seem to really like tissues, but refuse to use them for their intended purpose. It's just so much fun to empty the tissue box! My daughter is able to come up with all kinds of things to do with the tissues other than blowing her nose with them. No, that job goes to the back of her hand, leaving a lovely "snot rash" across her face. It really gets my gag reflex going...

Of course, we were all like that when we were kids. Once, when I was young, my mom asked me for a kiss. I went and gave her a kiss, after which she said, "That sure was a wet kiss!" My reply? "That's because my nose is running!" Ah yes, good times...


1 comment:

gina said...

Which is why I stopped buying boxes of tissues and just use toilet paper- although when we have colds and keep a roll just out and about, odds are I found it unwound around the room- good times, good times.