Saturday, July 11, 2009

Mmm... Biscuits and gravy...

Ready for some Saturday Silliness? How about some biscuits and gravy to go with it?

I love biscuits and gravy. I inherited that one from my dad. My family's search for good biscuits and gravy is legendary. We had some friends that used to live a good distance from us that we liked to go visit, not just because we liked them, but because there was a truck stop in Bakersfield called Zingo's that had amazing biscuits and gravy that we'd always stop at along the way. Now that I'm up in Washington I have to say that my search has been a sad one. Though we've found one restaurant that's passable, most restaurants should be stormed with pitchforks and torches for calling what they serve "biscuits and gravy." So I've decided I need to go to the restaurant Tim Hawkins goes to because I just need to try their biscuits and gravy. And I won't bring my mom with me.

C'mon back tomorrow for the Life is Funny blog carnival! Just don't expect me to share my biscuits and gravy once you get there.

No comments: