Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Me and my shadow

Photobucket

Well kids, looks like Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow this morning. You wanted 6 more weeks of winter, didn't you? As for me, I'm still waiting for winter to show up here. But since I know that some of you have had a tough winter already, I figured I'd give you some ideas on how to keep yourself warm for the next 6 weeks.


Photobucket

Groundhog slippers - A must for anybody with feet. Not only do they keep your feet warm, it's like one swift kick up the backside of the animal that is the cause of your weather-related problems.


Photobucket

The groundhog beanie cap - Nothing says warm and cozy like the wide-eyed stare of a dead groundhog on your head.


Photobucket

Mocking the groundhog - Hey, it always warms the heart to mock, right?

If those things fail to keep you warm and toasty, I have one more suggestion for you. Recipes. For groundhog. Tastes just like chicken. And it'll be a warning to all the other groundhogs out there who dare to stick their head out of their home and make predictions we don't like. Hmmm... I wonder what a good side dish would be to go with Waco Groundhog in Sour Cream...

8 comments:

Stephanie Wetzel said...

Oh, you gotta come over and see MY groundhog pics. The second one might make you rethink the recipes for groundhog thing.

He's the Bon Qui Qui of rodentia.

Casey said...

LOL! Love this! I personally am glad for 6 more weeks winter. It just means I get to hold off on turning on the AC. :) *off to look for frugal groundhog recipes* Ewwww...

Marni said...

Groundhog with sour cream...I think, right this instant, I became a vegetarian. I can't be for sure, hold on...Yup, totally just became a vegetarian. Thank you for that.

katdish said...

Will the groundhog beanie cap be available at your etsy shop?

jasonS said...

What about my full groundhog costume- will that be in fashion to wear now?

Heart2Heart said...

Love this and crave the winter although aside for some mildly cooler temperatures it isn't really a real winter for us out here in California aside for a week long rain storm which people over panicked on. Nice huh!

Love and Hugs ~ Katc

Rebecca said...

Ah, the kick-him-up-the-rear slippers...definitely a must have this winter! (And feel free to come up and get you some winter any time...it's snowing as we speak. I'm more than willing to share. Or give it all away. Your choice).

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

That groundhog is the most hated rodent in the US.