Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Pursuit of Weight Loss

Photobucket


My family has been pestering me to start writing on my blog again.  Can you believe that my family would do that to me? I mean, sure, my blog has been all sad and lonely. Again. But I've been busy! You know, doing... stuff.  Important stuff.  Stuff that I'm trying to remember doing.

And if that's not enough, they're trying to tell me what I should write about. They're very demanding. The complaint is that my blog tagline is "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Weight Loss," but there's very little "pursuit" being pursued on my blog. In my real life, you know, the one where I'm doing all this important stuff that I can't seem to remember, there's been plenty of pursuing going on. I've actually dropped a lot of weight. And I'm still dropping. After taking a long break, that is.  Anyway, more about that another time.

Today I'm going to share about how my life has imitated a Progresso Soup commercial.

Not too long ago, I jumped back on the weightloss wagon and I've been doing well.  I called my husband at work to brag about my accomplishments and it went something like this:

Me: I've lost 20 lbs. in the last 4 weeks!
Him: Uh, is that good?
Me: YES! That's good!
Him: Ummmm...
Me: Is there a woman there I can talk to?



 
 
See? Life imitates art.  My life, anyway.  Men.  Hmph.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

#1 - I was just thinking about you the other day and I missed reading your blog!

#2 - Welcome back!

#3 - A HUGE congratulations on your weight loss!!

#4 - Your next assignment, should you choose to accept, is to inspire the rest of us to lose a few pounds!

Hugs from Kentucky!

Wendy said...

Kelli - Thanks! My life just needs to get more interesting again so I have more to write about!

And I'll take that congratulations! I'm pretty darn excited about this diet. I love when something works well AND it's easy!

Unknown said...

Gah! MEN. They can skip a meal and lose 20 pounds. So unfair.