Monday, November 24, 2008

How to cook a turkey

Photobucket

Around this time every year, I start to get a craving. This is not just your regular have it once and you're satisfied cravings, but the kind where you aren't happy until you've consumed every bit of the item within a 5 mile radius. Yes, I start to crave turkey.

I've never understood the people who get tired of having turkey leftovers. And leftovers are a problem because...? Feel free to ship 'em my way!

I think my biggest problem is that I must rely on others for turkey. In all my years, I've never cooked a turkey. Thanksgiving is never at my house, so there's never been a need for me to give it a try. Ham, I've got down. Come over for Christmas or Easter and you're in for some pretty good ham. But don't expect an invite for Thanksgiving.

So for now, I'm stuck begging for leftovers. Thanksgiving this year will be at my sister's house, and I already have a plan in place. Of course, I want to leave her house with as much turkey as possible, so I have to bring something to the table (literally) that she will take in trade. Good thing she gets "the craving" for my Caramel Pecan Pie... That's one recipe I'll be keeping under wraps! I don't consider it a bribe, I just think it's a really good trade.

For anyone else who might be cooking turkey for the first time, I found the following helpful video. Enjoy!


1 comment:

Andrea said...

Now that I know the power I have over you, it might require two pies... hehehe