Sunday, May 10, 2009

Life is Funny - Children say...

Photobucket


Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! I hope that you've all been properly waited on hand and foot today. As for me, I've got some kind of stomach bug, so my family is giving me a wide berth today. Happy Mother's Day to me...

But anyway, it's time for another round of Life is Funny. So to honor the moms out there, I'm posting some things from an email I was sent a long time ago. Oh, the things kids come up with that keep us entertained!

A kindergarten teacher was observing her classroom of children while they drew. She would occasionally walk around to see each child's artwork. As she got to one little girl who was working diligently, she asked what the drawing was. The girl replied, "I'm drawing God." The teacher paused and said, "But no one knows what God looks like." Without missing a beat, or looking up from her drawing, the girl replied,"They will in a minute."

My friend likes to read his two young sons fairy tales at night. Having a deep-rooted sense of humor, he often ad-libs parts of the stories for fun. One day his youngest son was sitting in his first grade class and the teacher was reading the story of the Three Little Pigs. She came to the part of the story where the first pig was trying to acquire building materials for his home. She said, "And so the pig went up to the man with a wheelbarrow full of straw and said, "Pardon me sir, but might I have some of that straw with which to build my house?" Then the teacher asked the class, "And what do you think that man said?" My friend's son raised his hand and said, "I know! I know! He said "Holy smokes! A talking pig!" The teacher was unable to teach for the next 10 minutes.

A Sunday school teacher was discussing the Ten Commandments with her five and six year olds. After explaining the commandment to "Honor thy father and thy mother," she asked, "Is there a commandment that teaches us how to treat our brothers and sisters?" Without missing a beat one little boy (the oldest of a family) answered,"Thou shall not kill."

An honest seven-year-old admitted calmly to her parents that Billy Brown had kissed her after class."How did that happen?" gasped her mother."It wasn't easy," admitted the young lady, "but three girls helped me catch him."

A three-year-old went with his dad to see a litter of kittens. On returning home, he breathlessly informed his mother that there were two boy kittens and two girl kittens."How did you know?" his mother asked."Daddy picked them up and looked underneath," he replied. "I think it's printed on the bottom."


Ready to play? Here's what you do.

1. Anytime this week, blog about what in life you find funny. It could be something that happened during the week, your general impression about why life is funny, or even just your favorite joke. Be creative!

2. Please put a link to my blog in your post. And I'd appreciate it if you'd add my carnival button (made for me by Andie - thanks so much Andie!) to your post. To make this easy, I've put the code to do so under my blog button on my sidebar to the right.

3. After you've posted, come back here and sign up on Mr. Linky below. For the first box, put your name and your blog (example: Wendy @ Weight...What?), then your URL in the second box. Make sure you link directly to your "Life is Funny" post (not to your main page) so we can all read what you have to say.

4. Visit all the other participants and see what they have to say, even if you don't have a blog of your own. And very important: Comment, comment, comment! Oh, how we love getting comments...

5. If you Twitter, please tweet about this - the more participants, the merrier! So go out and spread the laughter! I can't wait to see what everyone has to say!





6 comments:

gina said...

Happy Mother's Day Wendy!

Jaime said...

I need your help with Mister Linky! Just started... perhaps a new carnival... go check it out.

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!


Love to you!

~Jaime

abeachcottage said...

hope you had a great mothers day

Sarah

Helen said...

I hope you had a Happy Mother's Day.

I loved these. This may come as a surprise to you, being how serious I am all the time, but I love jokes.

Heeheehehehehehehh

Helen said...

Here's another one for you:

A 4-year-old named Susan was conducting the baptismal service. She held a cat over a barrel of water. Trying to be as solemn as the pastor, she repeated the phrase she had heard many times: "I baptize you in the name of the Father, the Son, and in the hole you go!"

Stephanie Wetzel said...

I guess since I seem to write crazy funny posts at least once a week, I should participate every week.

That's if I can remember to. ;)

Your reminders are probably necessary.