Sunday, August 30, 2009

Life is Funny - Everyone needs a crazy friend

Photobucket



Okay people, your lives are funny. Run with it! Join in on the Life is Funny blog carnival below!

My mom has been friends with "V" for a long time. V is creative and artistic. V is also completely nuts. I want to be her when I grow up.

One of V's many talents is that of a floral designer. Not only can she create amazing arrangements, she also has a green thumb at home with an incredible garden to show for it. Mom was always asking her the names of different flowers and V would give her the latin names for them all. So they were at this fancy-schmancy nursery together one day and my mom went to ask the sales guy if they carried a certain type of flower because she really wanted it for her yard. It was at this point that V decided to tell my mom she shouldn't do that... She'd made up all the "latin" names for the flowers because she didn't know what they were. Hey, the names sounded good. Niiiice.

But my all-time favorite V story was when my mom and V were out early one morning driving through a neighborhood. V spotted a woman in front of her house who had come out in a robe, slippers and curlers in her hair. V slowed down, honked and waved at the woman. As she drove off, my mom asked who that was. V's response? "I don't know. I just wanted her to think that someone she knows saw her like that." Classic.

So I've got something to work towards. Crazy is more than a job, it's an adventure!

Now it's your turn. Ready to play? Here's what you do.

1. Anytime this week, blog about what in life you find funny. It could be something that happened during the week, your general impression about why life is funny, or even just your favorite joke. Be creative!

2. Please put a link to my blog in your post. And I'd appreciate it if you'd add my carnival button (made for me by Andie - thanks so much Andie!) to your post. To make this easy, I've put the code to do so under my blog button on my sidebar to the right.

3. After you've posted, come back here and sign up on Mr. Linky below. For the first box, put your name and your blog (example: Wendy @ Weight...What?), then your URL in the second box. Make sure you link directly to your "Life is Funny" post (not to your main page) so we can all read what you have to say.

4. Visit all the other participants and see what they have to say, even if you don't have a blog of your own. And very important: Comment, comment, comment! Oh, how we love getting comments...

5. If you Twitter, please tweet about this - the more participants, the merrier! So go out and spread the laughter! I can't wait to see what everyone has to say!


6 comments:

Helen said...

Oh my! I want to be her when I grow up, too! (I do wave frantically at people I don't know if I sit by the window in a restaurant or coffee shop. Does that count for anything?)

jasonS said...

That is priceless! I would very much like to know this woman, sit at her feet and learn the ways of craziness...

Marni said...

I must meet this "V". I would sit at her feet and be all "teach me thy ways, Master".

I have some doozies of crazy to share. I'll get my lazy self back over here tomorrow and share ;-)

Heart2Heart said...

You know, we all have a bit of that still inside us all. Perhaps we need to let it out a bit more.

Classic when I think about it! Now you know that poor lady with the curlers and bathroom is spending her whole day trying to figure out just who you were.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Sherri Murphy said...

Does V stand for Katdish?

Rebecca said...

I cracked up at her answer to why she waved at the lady in curlers...that's priceless, that is! I would love to know "V" in real life. She sounds like the kind of person whose life is never boring.