Monday, August 2, 2010

Sweet dreams aren't made of this

Photobucket

Disclaimer: Blame for today's post can be placed squarely on the shoulders of Steph and Ginny. All characters appearing in this work are factual, even if not really personally involved. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely deliberate. This is my story.

Dreams are funny things. Sometimes they are just a crazy mish mash of things your subconcious throws together. Sometimes they reflect the things that have happened during your day. And sometimes, they're there to snap you back into reality because of what's going on at that very minute. Confused? Let me illustrate...

The other night, while tucked warm in my bed, it wasn't visions of sugarplums dancing in my head. No, it was clearly bodily functions at the center of this dream. Specifically, the need to pee. Yes, I said pee. In my dream, I had to go so badly it felt like my bladder would burst. Unfortunately, all the bathrooms in my house were either taken or not working, I'm not sure which. But I was in great pain from a fullness of bladder and was desperate. It was at this point in the dream that I spotted the dishwasher and thought, "Hey, that has a drain in it!" So I opened up the dishwasher and was backing my rear end into it to find relief. It was at this point in the dream that my husband walked in to the kitchen and saw me, backside firmly planted in the dishwasher, peeing. As I explained to my husband what I was doing, the dishwasher started to overflow. I had visions of the Sorcerer's Apprentice part of Fantasia going through my head as I awoke.

Yes, my dream was trying to tell me something. No, not that my dishwasher has more uses than I'd originally thought. That I had to go to the bathroom. Badly. Thankfully, I made it to the bathroom, doing the Potty Two-step along the way. All was right with the world again. But I'm still eyeing my dishwasher suspiciously.

So, how has your life been funny lately? How about doing a blog post about it and linking up below? Make sure to link back here, too. People that don't link back have bad things happen to their dishwashers...


6 comments:

Ginny (MAD21) said...

Ok. Seriously... laughing so hard! One has to wonder why we have such dreams. HAHAHA!

Also wondering if people who visit your home and eat meals with you should be worried about the dishes they are eating off of...

jasonS said...

If I weren't at work, I would have laughed out loud and probably fallen off my chair. Your "hey, it has a drain" thought is the same one nearly all guys have in the shower. Just sayin'. :)

Helen said...

Jason.... TMI...

In my dream, it is usually the sink, but I understand. Not sure my but can fit in the dishwasher...

Sarah Salter said...

Okay, I came, I read, I commented...

That's just disturbing!

Jason- EWWWW! And TMI!

Stephanie Wetzel said...

GAAA! Remind me never to eat at your house unless you're using paper plates.

I had a friend whose brother sleepwalked and was once caught peeing in the silverware drawer.

I don't know why I share that.... Maybe to make you feel less alone.

katdish said...

Is this a group share? Okay, here goes. When I was about 10, my sister woke me up from sleepwalking right before I peed on the kitchen floor.

Also? When I was a child, I had a recurring nightmare that a witch was trying to flush me down the toilet. Yeah...I have no idea what that means.