Monday, December 5, 2011

He did what?!

What could possible bring me out of hiding to post something on my blog? I'm sure that anyone who knows me would know that it must be something really important. Okay, who are we kidding?

The following article from the Corvallis Gazette Times was brought to my attention by my Twitter friend . Being that I'm a giver, I just had to pass it along. You're welcome.



MONROE, Ore. -- The thing to do if a squirrel runs up your leg is probably not to aim a .22-caliber rifle at it and pull the trigger.

A Benton County, Ore., sheriff's officer says a 36-year-old Monroe man told deputies he was startled by a squirrel that ran up his left leg so he fired at it but hit his foot instead.

Sheriff's Capt. Greg Ridler tells the Corvallis Gazette-Times that deputies contacted Ethan Bennett at Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center and learned the story of the gunshot wound.

Bennett was treated and released. He declined to comment about the Nov. 23 incident.

He missed the squirrel.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That was tremendously stupid on his part, but completely awesome for the rest of us. I feel a lot better about myself at this moment. :) Thanks Wendy.

Helen said...

"We just got served..."
Squirrel pot pie, anyone?

emptynestegg said...

So it takes a Squirrel to get you back?

Wendy said...

emptynestegg - Yes. Or something shiny.

emptynestegg said...

Waving Sequins your way

Kelli said...

lol - I've missed you!