Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year

Today is my daughter's first day of 2nd grade. Hooray! Uh, I mean, I'm so sad that school is starting. Truth be told, it's been lovely having her home. But she NEEDS to go back to school. If I have to hear "there's nothing to do" one more time, my head will explode. I can just picture it now... All the little 2nd graders drawing pictures of what they did over the summer and the caption under my daughter's picture would read "I made my mommy's head explode." Suitable for framing, that one. So to celebrate the return of the school year, I give you the following video:


You know what else makes this a wonderful time of year? Today is my friend Helen's birthday. How about going over to her blog and wishing her a Happy Birthday? And when you get there, mention that you're there for the costume party. She'll get a kick out of that one...

Photobucket

While I've got your attention, how about joining in the Life is Funny blog carnival? It's all alone over there and it clearly should not be left unsupervised.

11 comments:

Sherri Murphy said...

I love Helen! Happy Birthday Helen!

katdish said...

I LOVE that commercial! (and Helen)

Happy Birthday!

Heart2Heart said...

I love this commercial! I had never seen that one before! Classic!

I can't wait to see what you daughter tells you that they did today! Ah the joys of returning to school!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Helen said...

Thanks Wendy.

I never saw that commercial before. That is pretty funny (though I hate to say it, that Alice Cooper is one ugly broad...no costume for her!)

Candy said...

That was a total auditory casserole when I didn't turn off your playlist and got Barenaked Ladies and Alice Cooper singing together - with giggles of Helen trying to dance to it.

Happy Birthday, Helen!

jasonS said...

That going back to school thing is a mixed bag for sure. And of course, Helen is frickin' awesome!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Those commercials crack me up!

My kid is in 2nd grade this year too.

But in our house, the words "I'm bored" instantly result in chores. My kids are never allowed to say that.

Rebecca said...

Awww, I went to Helen's before I saw that it was a costume party. Bummer.

Your daughter is starting 2nd grade? My daughter just started 2nd grade. Small world. ;)

Lianne said...

Woo Hoo! Freeeeeedom!

Oh, and I forgot how freaky Alice Cooper was until just now. Very funny commercial, despite his creepiness.

Lanette said...

I used to like that commercial a lot more before I went back to work as a you guessed it second grade teacher! Before that though I used to sing it to my girls and they would cover their ears ;)

Heather said...

1st, Happy Birthday Helen! 2nd, I can't tell you how glad I am that my daughter is in school. I never knew how productive I could be without having to stop and wait on her for this, that and the other.
That commercial is perfect! Since he lives here in Phoenix we see that commercial quite a bit but its great so I love seeing it every time it comes on!