Monday, September 14, 2009

Life is Funny - The Fashionista

Photobucket

Okay people! Up and at 'em! It's time for the Life is Funny blog carnival. You want to join in. You know you do. Sign up below!

As some of you know, I was in the hospital last week. Yes, a lovely time was had by all. When I was in the ER Wednesday night, my sister went over to my house to watch my daughter so my husband could come in to see me. I asked my sister to lay out an outfit for my daughter to wear to school the next day so that would be one less thing to worry about Thursday morning. All was well.

Until Friday.

On Friday, my daughter picked out her own outfit to wear to school. She comes up with some very, um, creative outfits. After school that day, I heard that some of the school staff was talking about how I must not have been home that day. Why?


Photobucket

Yes, she loved her outfit. I may never leave home again.

Now it's your turn. Ready to play? Here's what you do.


1. Anytime this week, blog about what in life you find funny. It could be something that happened during the week, your general impression about why life is funny, or even just your favorite joke. Be creative!


2. Please put a link to my blog in your post. And I'd appreciate it if you'd add my carnival button (made for me by Andie - thanks so much Andie!) to your post. To make this easy, I've put the code to do so under my blog button on my sidebar to the right.


3. After you've posted, come back here and sign up on Mr. Linky below. For the first box, put your name and your blog (example: Wendy @ Weight...What?), then your URL in the second box. Make sure you link directly to your "Life is Funny" post (not to your main page) so we can all read what you have to say.


4. Visit all the other participants and see what they have to say, even if you don't have a blog of your own. And very important: Comment, comment, comment! Oh, how we love getting comments...


5. If you Twitter, please tweet about this - the more participants, the merrier! So go out and spread the laughter! I can't wait to see what everyone has to say!


13 comments:

Lianne said...

How very...PLAID. She looks SO PROUD of herself, doesn't she. My kids like to put stripes with flowers and other awesomely mismatched things.

That picture needs to be shown at her wedding. She'll thank you for it.

Helen said...

She looks adorable. I see nothing wrong with her outfit.

katdish said...

She's looking loud and proud!

jasonS said...

My daughter thinks if the shirt has flowers & the pants have flowers, they match. Hard to argue with that! Technically she's right. Maybe she'll be a lawyer...

Candy said...

Plaid has always been my favorite color.

Her smile makes that outfit ROCK!

Heart2Heart said...

You know perhaps adults have it all wrong and it's our kids that have the unique fashion sense these days. We are way too boring and plain.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Heather said...

She so has a career in fashion! So funny! I'm off to Hawaii, are you ready to go with me? Have a great week. I hope you're feeling better.

Sarah Salter said...

Hey girl! Your post today made me laugh, so I took your challenge to write something funny! I hope you like it. :-)

Tiffany S said...

Wow, that's unique. Tell her I approve! :) I was brave this weekend and let me friend's girls pick outfits for me 2 days in a row. They actually did pretty good (with a little direction from me). The 8-year-old actually pieced together a shirt and skirt that I would have NEVER worn together, but it looked pretty good!

Kelli said...

Awesome. Simply. Awesome.

Sherri Murphy said...

Hahaha! Love it! She looks very...colorful! I wonder how they guessed you weren't home?

Marni said...

At least is was her own choosing. I have nightmares of how my oldest used to leave the house based on what my HUSBAND picked out for her. Geeeeeze.

My all time fave was when she was 3. I got home from a long day of teaching kids to find my hubs and daughter getting out of the truck. Here is what she had on:

--A size 18 month t-shirt (she's 3 so it was like a Britney Spears belly shirt on her)

--bathing suit bottoms

--cowgirl boots

She was actually seen in public like that. Hubs said "She picked it out so I let her wear it!"

Proof positive God should make moms with a feature that NEVER allows them to get sick or anything else that might prevent them from picking out proper outfits to be seen in.

katdish said...

Marni -
snort! Look mommy! Daddy let me dress like a ho!