Sunday, October 18, 2009

Life is Funny - the revelation

Photobucket

It's the Life is Funny blog carnival! I know, you're excited. So what are you waiting for? Sign up below and join in on the fun!

My daughter is not a dancer. Never has been. When she was a tiny little thing, the closest thing to dancing she would do was arm movements. I don't know that I've ever known of a baby that doesn't like to dance. It's just odd. I thought she might learn to appreciate dancing as she got older, but no. It's like pulling teeth to get her to dance. I thought that her love for iCarly ("Random Dancing") would change her mind. Not so much. So if I'm going to shake my booty, I'll be doing it by myself. Such a sad story.

There's something else I was thinking about today. My daughter associates church with food. The first thing that comes out of her mouth when we talk about going to church is, "Can I have a doughnut?" She gets excited to go to church, but I'm not sure it's because of church or because of the sprinkle doughnut that she seems to think has her name on it. I may never know the truth.

Huh.

My daughter doesn't dance and church means food.

I think I may be raising a Baptist.

Now it's your turn! Sign up below and link to your post telling us about how Life is Funny. You'll be glad you did!


8 comments:

Marni said...

I don't want to alarm you, but yes, you may have a Baptist on your hands. If she grows up to condemn beer stores and thinks sex with her husband is "dirty", then you'll have your answer. I'll be praying for you both.

In the meantime, you guys load up and come on over cuz Peyton and I "random dance" all the time. You should have seen us jamming on "All Stars" (or the Shrek song as well call it) this weekend. SYTYCD ain't got nuthin on us.

Nick the Geek said...

Yep, you are working on a fine young Baptist. Now when you give her a bath does she say, "in the name of ..." when you rinse her hair? If so she might be on her way to being a Baptist preacher.

My kids call church "Jesus Loves Me"

Rebecca said...

I concur with Marni and Nick. What's frightening in this house is that even after seeing me dance, my kids are brave (*cough* crazy *cough*) enough to join in!

Lianne said...

Yay! Another one for my team! Seriously, though, God can heal a lot of things with a good casserole.

Helen said...

I happen to like to play music when I clean house, and will often take a booty slapping break when the right song comes on. "Booty" is slang for "butt", right?

Billy Coffey said...

I dance like Fonzie.

Candy said...

Church and donuts - we actually have that on video our daughter saying "My name is KT and I go to church to eat donuts." Must be the holy thing to do at that age. And she got her (lack of) dancing skillz from her mama. Poor dear.

Stephanie Wetzel said...

My girls LOVE to dance. And - well - you've seen my Life Is Funny post. My son "dances" in his own special way.

Oddly, they all beg me NOT to dance. Whatever. I'm all about a good booty-slapping dance on occasion. (Hey Helen!)