Monday, October 4, 2010

Life is Funny - Raisins? Not so much

Photobucket

Life is Funny, folks! You know it is. How has your life been funny this week? Why don't you blog about it and share it with the rest of us? Just link up below. And hey, don't forget to link back here, huh? It's the right thing to do.

Okay, so I'm doing a repost today. There was some raisin talk floating around not too long ago, and I felt it was important to explain my stance on raisins once again. And oddly enough, the post I'm reposting is one of the most popular ones that people get to after googling things like "do raisins go bad." Let me just say that yes, they do go bad. The moment they become raisins. Raisins are evil! It's what happens when grapes go bad... Now, on to the post!



Photobucket

I was reading the blog "i have to say" today, and there was a post about picking the raisins out of raisin bran cereal. I'll be the first to jump on that bandwagon! I, too, would pick the raisins out. I don't know why we couldn't just have bran cereal. Why must I be tortured with raisins?

When I was in college, my raisin picking became legendary. There was a 24-hour restaurant called Frimple's that my friends and I would go to at all hours of the night. They had these yummy, massive cinnamon rolls.

Photobucket

Okay, maybe not quite that big, but still huge. They were so wonderful, except for one small problem. They were packed with raisins. Raisins that you couldn't see unless you dissected the cinnamon roll. So, what's an Anti-Raisinite to do? I ordered an extra plate for the raisins and let the dissection begin. My skill at removing all the raisins was beyond compare. People couldn't help but stare in awe at my extra plate with the mountain of raisins on top. I could have fed a small country with all those evil little things. But not a one made it into my mouth. *sniff* I'm so proud of my collegiate achievement!


5 comments:

Kelli said...

Lol! I didn't like raisins when I was younger, but as an adult I can tolerate them. I forgot to give my sister this memo though. Last year for my birthday, she made me a carrot cake (my favorite) from a box (she can't bake). She "knew" that I didn't like raisins so she picked every single one of them out of the mix before baking. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I would have enjoyed the raisins too.

Do you want me to have her make you a bday cake?

Helen said...

How do you feel about dried cranberries? I make oatmeal cookies with dried cranberries in them instead of raisins. Yes. Oatmeal Craisin Cookies...

jasonS said...

Not a fan of raisins in cookies, but for some reason, they don't bother me in Raisin Bran.

And that is a big honkin' cinnamon roll! Whoa. How do you even bake something like that?

Wendy said...

Kelli - Okay, you've got the best sister ever! Picking out the raisins for you = love.

Helen - Dried cranberries are fine and dandy because they're still cranberries. It's the ones that change into something else that you have to worry about.

Jason - I'm not sure where one would get an oven that big, but I think I might need one now. Must have giant cinnamon roll.

MistiPearl said...

There ya go with the raisin hatin' again...oi! Ze raisin villl not go avay...muhahahahaaaa They are God's perfect sweet treat! :D

Helen: Craisin cookies are an excellent alternative for when raisins are not available...mmm...mmm... or a few craisins AND raisins....double mmm!