Friday, April 24, 2009

The heavens parted and the angels sang

I got a wonderful phone call yesterday. Dare I call it miraculous even? My friend, Stinkerbell, was at the one grocery store in town that I hadn't been to in search of deeply discounted Easter candy, and she told me that they had... Wait for it...

Photobucket

Cadbury Creme Eggs!!!

And they didn't just have a few, but a plethora! Yes, I like the word "plethora". And at 22¢ each, I totally scored! Now, I'm not saying how many I bought, but we'll just say that it's enough to last a good, long time. And then some. Plus, my friend will get her traditional birthday gift of Cadbury Egg goodness in July.

Yes, order has been restored to the universe and the birds can sing again.

But don't think that this gets you off the hook, Target. Yup, I've got my eye on you.

Still time to share some laughs at the Life is Funny blog carnival. Don't we all need a good laugh once in a while?

6 comments:

Tiffany S said...

I want some! YUMMY!!!

MoonGoddess said...

What an easter egg hunt!! Jeez. Glad you finally found some. Why can't they sell those all year? Just make different shapes or something.

& I also adore the word "plethora".

Congrats on the score!

Helen said...

Congrats! I hope you will be happy together... ;-)
Try some blue M&M's and let me know how they taste....

gina said...

score.

Heather said...

That is such good news. I too love the word plethora.

Mrs Jelly said...

Now. That's just weird ... you're the 3rd American blog I've read that's posted about Cadbury's Creme Eggs.
Are they rare over there?
Is there a gap in the market?
Should I open up an online store for desperate American Creme Egg addicts?