Monday, December 20, 2010

Life is Funny - the Christmas Edition

Photobucket


Last year, our neighbors decorated a tiny little tree in their yard that's right at the entrance to our street. I wrote about it here and again here. Why not go back and read those posts so you're up to speed? No really. Go on. I'll still be here waiting for you.


We never really knew what the neighbors thought of the mysterious adding of Christmas ornaments to their tree. I'm guessing they never knew who even did it. So my daughter and I were pretty happy this year when we saw that they had put all the decorations back on the tree that we had added on last year. Of course, we took this as an open invitation to add more this year...


Photobucket


By the time we were done with it, I think I heard that poor little tree begging for mercy under the weight of the ornaments... Good thing the tree is still growing - it'll give us a chance to keep up this sneaky little tradition of ours! I wonder if the neighbors will ever figure out that it's us...


Did I ever tell you that I know Santa? Yup, I do. He comes to my sister's annual gingerbread house party and he's wonderful!



Photobucket


What's not common knowledge about Santa is that he's a church pastor. True. And every year at the party, he tells all the kids about St. Nicholas and then tells them about Jesus being the real reason we celebrate Christmas. Don't you just love Santa?


Not all of you know that I've started another blog called Wendy Darling Ltd. I've done a post over there today about how "Christmas" has become a bad word. Why not hop on over and take a read?


4 comments:

Carrie Lynne said...

Love it! Your decorating sounds like something that I would do. If my kids would stand still long enough I would put Christmas lights on them too. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

That's great--love both stories. Thanks Wendy...

Helen said...

Decorating your neighbor's tree is so sweet. You can do mine next. :-)

Sherri Murphy said...

Loved your stories...and that little redhead!

Merry Christmas, Wendy!