Monday, December 14, 2009

Life is Funny - The Charlie Brown Tree

Photobucket

It's time for more Life is Funny! Do you have something to share? I think you do! Sign up below with Mr. Linky. C'mon, show the poor guy some love.

Christmas, the time for mischief. No, I'm not confusing it with Halloween. It's the perfect time because you can blame it on the elves. What's making it extra fun this year is getting my daughter involved in the shenanigans. My husband just shakes his head at us. So, just what kind of high jinks are we up to? Let's just say it involves a tree in our neighbor's yard...

Photobucket

Kinda looks like a sad little Charlie Brown tree, doesn't it? It sits right on the edge of the neighbor's property and it's the first thing you see when turning on to our road. They just planted it this year, so it's still on the small side. It was fun to see their pathetic attempt addition of ornaments to the little tree for Christmas. But not being able to leave well enough alone, I decided that the tree needed a bit of sprucing up. Get it? Sprucing? Nevermind. Anyway, I got my daughter involved and she's beside herself with excitement over our stealth mission to add more decorations a little at a time without getting caught.

Photobucket

We went over to the dollar store and picked up a bunch of stuff, then let the tomfoolery begin! We started out with the tree topper. It was a bit heavy for that tiny little top branch, so I had to go back another day and tie a stick on to stabilize it. With red ribbon, of course. The tree also boasts new garland. I'll post more pictures in posts to come. But a little at a time is working out nicely. I wonder what the neighbors think...

Did I mention that we barely know our neighbors? It's true. We live on a cul-de-sac of 7 houses, and no one really knows each other. I've gotten to know one of the neighbors a bit because we used to go to the bus stop together, but the rest? Yeah, no idea. I can't even remember the names of the people whose tree we're decorating. I used to know their names. Maybe it'll come back to me. Anyway, I'm thinking they have no clue who could be doing this to their tree. Which makes it kinda fun. I hope they're enjoying it as much as we are. If not, eh. They have no idea who to blame.

Okay, now it's your turn! What would you like to share?


3 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

Wendy,

What a fun way to go about sharing the Christmas spirit with you neighbors! I love it!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

jasonS said...

That's perfect. Could there be a better way to get to know your neighbors? Well, aside from introducing yourself and building a relationship from there- I think not!

Helen said...

I love it! It's like a Secret Santa sort of thing!