Friday, February 27, 2009

Criss Cross Applesauce is not my friend.

Photobucket

Kids have got it pretty easy when it comes to sitting on the floor. Criss cross applesauce is like second nature to them. And getting up again? That's not a problem either.

For me, it's like torture.

I didn't mind sitting on the floor when I was a kid, but these days I'll do just about anything I can to avoid it. Not only is it not terribly comfortable, I have a really tough time getting up!

I was painting over at my folks house today. The ceiling line and around the baseboards needed some work, so I started on the ceiling first. Why? Because sitting on the floor is bad. Very bad. I don't even like ladders, but I'd rather get up on one than sit on the floor. Once I finished the ceiling line, I looked at the baseboards. Nope, they hadn't been finished by the painting fairies. Drats. Down on the floor I went.

That didn't last long.

After just a few minutes, my rear end and legs were screaming for mercy. And you know? It's not easy cutting in when you're sitting criss cross applesauce. I opted for sitting on a 5-gallon paint bucket instead. Comfy? No. But still better than sitting on the floor. Of course by this time, my legs were so sore that it was still hard to get up from off the bucket. And now that I'm home, I'm finding it tough to get out of a chair, climb the stairs, or anything else that requires any type of movement on my part. Is this what getting older feels like?

Remember - it's your last chance for my giveaway! The chocolate is calling you...