Friday, February 6, 2009

Square Chickens

Photobucket

My two children were arguing all through dinner tonight. Yes, the 6 year old and the 37 year old. And what could they possibly argue about that entire time? Whether or not there are square chickens.

You see, I made Chicken Squares for dinner. They're super yummy and the whole family gobbles them up. Anyway, my daughter asked me what was in them. Before I could even get out my answer, my husband tells her that they're made from square chickens. Being the smart cookie that she is, she didn't believe him. Since they both seem to have the arguing gene, neither would give in. So I got to listen to, "Yes there are!" and "No there aren't!" while eating my meal. Doesn't that sound like fun? I would post the recipe here, but do you know how hard it is to find square chickens?

Speaking of chickens, I saw something very odd the other day. I saw a woman and her child walking a chicken. At least, that's what it looked like. I don't live in farm country, so it's not everyday that you see a chicken around here, least of all one being taken for a walk. The chicken wasn't on a leash or anything, but it was just walking along with them. It's times like this that I wish I had a camera with me. Hmmm... I wonder if chickens make good pets...

No comments: