Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Look! Something shiny!

Photobucket

Tonight has been a tough night for figuring out what to write about. I've been sitting at the computer for the last 2 hours without a clue. At last, I came upon an idea. Of course, I had to find pictures to post with it. Wouldn't be a post without pictures.

It was then that it happened. I got distracted by something else.

So, the first thought is out for tonight. I'll come back to it tomorrow night. Unless I see something shiny.

What's up for tonight? The Banana Splits! Well, maybe not the entire series. That would be crazy. I'm just going to hit on the part that scarred me for life fascinated me as a child. It's part of the end credits from the show - the part where they're sliding down the big slide. Here, take a look for yourself. It's about the middle of the clip.

Doesn't that big slide look like fun? Oh, how I wanted to go on a big slide like that...

Until my parents took me to one so I could go on it.

That thing was HUGE! I was scared to death! And no, they didn't get me on it. To this day, I will still not go on one of those slides. I see them at carnivals and I just have to walk away. Put me on any rollercoaster out there and I'll have the time of my life. But there's no way I'm going on a big slide. No siree.

Oh, Banana Splits! Why must you taunt me so?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You haven't lived until you've braved the big slide on the potato sack. You must overcome this fear. You must prevail.

MoonGoddess said...

Guess its less dangerous with all that padding of the costumes??

too funny!

Jules said...

I've given you a blog award - stop by and check it out!