So, how has your week been? Anything funny to share with the rest of us? Sign up below!
There's a little pet store not far from here that my daughter loves to go in to. She loves to see the puppies and kittens, but she has a great time in the back of the store looking at the fish. I know, you're probably wondering how fish could compare to puppies and kittens. She's just always liked the fish.
She liked them even more after I taught her a little trick...
You see, fish like to get fed. And when they're hungry and they see your hand moving up toward the tank, they'll follow your hand. Back and forth, back and forth. Yup, they'll keep following. My daughter thinks that that is the most hysterical thing ever. Yes, I taught my daughter how to taunt fish. It's what I do.
So on Saturday, we went to our local zoo/aquarium. We went right when it opened and headed over to the aquarium part first because my husband likes to see the sharks. Yeah, he's a guy. Anyway, you have to pass through the tropical fish tank area to get to the sharks. My daughter loves that area, because there's a big tank with some huge, gorgeous fish in there. The tank has a glass wall, of course, but it only goes to about the height of an adult's chest. Anyway, we were the only ones in there at the time.
And it was early.
Before the fish had been fed.
And my daughter walked up to the tank and put her hand up, and all those giant fish came swimming over to her. They even followed her back and forth. She had a very good laugh over that one, and I kept thinking that the fish would gladly take her for breakfast if someone didn't hand over some food soon. Perhaps teaching her that little trick wasn't the best of ideas...
Now it's your turn. Ready to play? Here's what you do.
1. Anytime this week, blog about what in life you find funny. It could be something that happened during the week, your general impression about why life is funny, or even just your favorite joke. Be creative!
2. Please put a link to my blog in your post. And I'd appreciate it if you'd add my carnival button (made for me by Andie - thanks so much Andie!) to your post. To make this easy, I've put the code to do so under my blog button on my sidebar to the right.
3. After you've posted, come back here and sign up on Mr. Linky below. For the first box, put your name and your blog (example: Wendy @ Weight...What?), then your URL in the second box. Make sure you link directly to your "Life is Funny" post (not to your main page) so we can all read what you have to say.
4. Visit all the other participants and see what they have to say, even if you don't have a blog of your own. And very important: Comment, comment, comment! Oh, how we love getting comments...
5. If you Twitter, please tweet about this - the more participants, the merrier! So go out and spread the laughter! I can't wait to see what everyone has to say!