It's time for the Life is Funny blog carnival! Okay, I know I'm posting this a bit late. But I have a good
excuse reason. I've been having one of those weekends that would make a good blog post, but not now. Sometime in the future. Sometime when I can find the funny in it. And now is not that time. So I called my sister for ideas, and Mom - you can blame this post on her.
When I was growing up, my dad had a bb pistol. I made a vague reference to it in this post. Go ahead and read the post. Go on. Read it. Okay, moving on. He had this bb pistol and it wasn't exactly easy to use. There was a slide thingy (I have no idea what the part is actually called. My husband will be so ashamed of me.) that had to be pulled back before you could shoot the gun. That thing was really hard to pull back. I know this because I tried doing a little target practice with it when I was a teenager.
My mom knew how hard it was to pull back, too. At one time, she decided that she wanted to learn to shoot it and needed some practice. But she just could not get that part to pull back. So...
She bent over and put the slide part between her knees to hold it and pulled the pistol toward her to try to get it ready. And...
She shot herself in the stomach.
I don't know how much help my dad was to her at that point since he couldn't stop laughing. Her stomach was bruised for a good, long time after that one. And you know, she didn't want to use the bb gun again after that.
So mom, it's been years since that happened. Has enough time passed that it's now funny to you? And if not, remember - Andrea made me write this.
Ready to play? Here's what you do.
1. Anytime this week, blog about what in life you find funny. It could be something that happened during the week, your general impression about why life is funny, or even just your favorite joke. Be creative!
2. Please put a link to my blog in your post. And I'd appreciate it if you'd add my carnival button (made for me by Andie - thanks so much Andie!) to your post. To make this easy, I've put the code to do so under my blog button on my sidebar to the right.
3. After you've posted, come back here and sign up on Mr. Linky below. For the first box, put your name and your blog (example: Wendy @ Weight...What?), then your URL in the second box. Make sure you link directly to your "Life is Funny" post (not to your main page) so we can all read what you have to say.
4. Visit all the other participants and see what they have to say, even if you don't have a blog of your own. And very important: Comment, comment, comment! Oh, how we love getting comments...
5. If you Twitter, please tweet about this - the more participants, the merrier! So go out and spread the laughter! I can't wait to see what everyone has to say!