Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Why I should get Bryan's Man Card.

Okay folks, you're in for a bit of a bumpy ride with today's post. Yup, you're going to have some extra reading to do on other blogs in order to be up to speed. You'll need back story. But stay with me, because I'm in hot pursuit of an Honorary Man Card (from here on to be called HMC).

It all started with Katdish's constant bragging about having her own HMC. Oh yeah, she just waves it around and taunts people with it. It's just not right. Which is exactly why I want an HMC, too. I need to be able to taunt and lord over people.

Did you know that I also write on another blog? If not, where have you been? Anyway, over at Fellowship of the Traveling Smarty Pants I wrote a blog post about my longing for an HMC. You'll want to read that post here.

And now, Bryan Allain has written a guest post over at Hey Look, a Chicken! about the revoking of his Man Card. Yes, you'll want to read that link, too. With him clearly giving up his rights to a Man Card, I think I should be the one who gets to step in and take it, even if it is temporarily.

Photobucket

Although I feel that I gave good enough reasons in my post over at Traveling Smarty Pants for deserving an HMC, some of you may not be convinced. So for your further consideration, I submit the following:

Back in the day, I went to a junior high that consisted of 7th through 9th grades. I was in 9th grade at the time of the incident. That year at school, there were two guys, "B" and "C", that were the class tough guys. They were big. They were mean. One time, the two of them got into a fight in the quad and to this day, I still have no idea how they were able to clean up all the blood. No one messed with these guys. Well, almost no one. "B" decided that it would be fun to start picking on my boyfriend. I'd hear stories about it and it did not make me happy. Then one day, "B" decided to pick on my boyfriend right in front of me.

Bad. Choice.

I got between the two of them and started yelling up at "B", who had a good 6" on me. I pushed him. I dared him to hit me. I warned him that if he did hit me, he'd better be ready because I'd be hitting him back.

I didn't get hit that day, in case you're wondering.

But I did successfully freak "B" out enough that he never bothered my boyfriend again. And "B" was never able to look me in the eye after that day...

So there you have it. My latest submission in my quest for an HMC. Oh yes, it will be mine...

Now how about checking out the Life is Funny blog carnival? I promise not to punch you if you do.

16 comments:

Heather said...

Okay you can have one! I have more tools, and yes I use them all the time, then my husband. I do not wait for him to do things around the house. (If I did I would still be waiting!)
Can I get one too?

Billy Coffey said...

Honorary Man Card given.

You're welcome.

Beth said...

Note to self. Don't make Wendy mad...

So how did your boyfriend react when his GIRLFRIEND defended his honor??? :)

Wendy said...

Beth - Oddly enough, he didn't seem to mind too much. Either that or he was too afraid to say anything.

Peter P said...

Sorry...

You can;t get an HMC for making your boyfriend look like a wuss!

That's just not OK!

Besides, who's going to hit a girl?

Helen said...

Good for you! I was taught to stand up for others as well. Okay. Really my dad told me that wasn't a good idea, and showed me the knife scar he had from when he got involved in a fight that wasn't his to begin with. Backfired. I thought it was cool, and wanted a knife scar on my arm, too. Never got one...

Rebecca said...

Oh, my...I think you earned your HMC by revoking your boyfriend's Man Card! Did he ever earn it back?

Kelli said...

And I took you for the soft cuddly type ;) Remind me to not ever get in your way! Haha! Man card definitely deserved! Kelli

Candy said...

It appears to me that you already have TWO HMCs - your boyfriends AND "Bs". Enjoy - you now have twice as many as Katdish.

You've done us proud, Wendy.

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog and will be visiting both your blogs because you are freakin' awesome! HMC - Love it and I herby revoke my ex-husbands and award it to you!
Angie

Billy Coffey said...

Wow. I'd really hate to be Angie's husband right now.

katdish said...

Okay, so you have an HMC AND your ex-boyfriend's family jewels. Win-win.

Mark said...

This site is AWESOME! Now, you just need some NKOTB. What does that say about my man card?

Wendy said...

Mark - I'm sorry to tell you this, but any reference to needing NKOTB puts your Man Card in mortal peril. You might want to rethink your position.

Jo said...

I clearly don't have the expertise from which to judge whether or not you are indeed deserving of the HMC. But I'd have to agree with the previous comment--you at least earned your boyfriends' man card via the simultaneous revoking of it.

And yeah, you totally set yourself up for the builds character comment. And who am I to look a regift horse in the mouth?
-Jo

Anonymous said...

What were you nuts? We already had to take care of one knocked out front tooth!! I knew this guy...he wasn't worth it.