Life is funny. Sometimes it's 'funny ha-ha', sometimes it's 'funny strange'. And sometimes it's more of a point and laugh kind of funny. How's your life been lately? Got a story to tell? Then join in the carnival below. We all need a good laugh.
I was sitting in the waiting room of my doctor's office the other day waiting to talk to a nurse. I didn't think the wait would be too long, so I didn't bother looking for a magazine to read. Turned out that the entertainment for my wait was just a few seats away from me.
In those seats were two women who looked like they were in their mid- to late 50's. I wasn't paying too much attention until I heard one of them talking about the proper use of a speculum. C'mon ladies, who among you doesn't love a good conversation about the salad tongs of death? So of course I started listening in. Unfortunately, I seemed to come in at the tail-end (*snort*) of that discussion, but here is what came afterward:
'A': You sure are funny.
'B': Yeah, people tell me I should be a stand-up comic a lot.
'A': Oh, you should!
'B': Yeah, but I'd just talk about toilet paper all the time.
'A': Toilet paper?
'B': I hate how toilet paper is always so hard to get off the roller. It really drives me crazy.
'A': Oh, well that's funny.
'B': I remember back in college there was a woman who kept stealing toilet paper rollers. She finally got caught and was arrested.
'A': Arrested for stealing toilet paper?
'B': No, she was pulling the dispensers off the walls.
'A': Huh, I guess that's pretty funny.
At this point I'm wondering just who "all these people" who kept telling her she should be a stand-up comic were. But then...
'A': I wonder what she wanted to do with all those toilet paper dispensers?
'B': I don't know, but it turned out that it wasn't a woman. It was a man dressed up like a woman and he was going around to all the women's restrooms and stealing them.
Apparently they didn't think that last part was comic worthy, but I had to try to stifle my laughing with coughs. A cross-dressing toilet paper dispenser thief? Now that's funny.
I love eavesdropping...
Now it's your turn. Ready to play? Here's what you do.
1. Anytime this week, blog about what in life you find funny. It could be something that happened during the week, your general impression about why life is funny, or even just your favorite joke. Be creative!
2. Please put a link to my blog in your post. And I'd appreciate it if you'd add my carnival button (made for me by Andie - thanks so much Andie!) to your post. To make this easy, I've put the code to do so under my blog button on my sidebar to the right.
3. After you've posted, come back here and sign up on Mr. Linky below. For the first box, put your name and your blog (example: Wendy @ Weight...What?), then your URL in the second box. Make sure you link directly to your "Life is Funny" post (not to your main page) so we can all read what you have to say.
4. Visit all the other participants and see what they have to say, even if you don't have a blog of your own. And very important: Comment, comment, comment! Oh, how we love getting comments...
5. If you Twitter, please tweet about this - the more participants, the merrier! So go out and spread the laughter! I can't wait to see what everyone has to say!