Has life been funny for you this week? Or any time in the past? Anything? C'mon, you know you've got something to share. How about sharing it at the Life is Funny blog carnival? You know you want to...
Back when my husband and I got married, we lived in Southern California. We planned a lovely honeymoon trip that included stays in both Washington and Vancouver Island, B.C. It was a lovely trip and things were going quite nicely until we drove from Victoria up to Tofino. Or should I say, our trip back down from Tofino...
My husband did the driving on the way up there. It's a long drive, about 5 hours, and it goes through rain forests, mountains and finally you end up at the beach. Lovely and scenic, but long. Since he did the drive up there, I did the drive back down.
This is when the argument started.
It took me a couple of hours less to drive back than it took him to drive up. He said we took a different route to get back and I said that I just drive faster. We consulted the map. There's only one highway that goes through that way. My husband has decided that there must be roads not being shown on the map. I decided that he needs to wear a hat while driving. (Old men wear hats when driving as a warning to other drivers that they will be driving a minimum of 15 miles per hour under the speed limit at all times.) He said we didn't pass through the mountains or the rainforest on the way back like we did on the way up. I said that my blinding speed just made it a blur. I checked the online map again tonight and there's still no other road showing up. This argument has been going on for more than 10 years now and I don't think we'll ever resolve it.
But I totally drive faster.
Now it's your turn. Ready to play? Here's what you do.
1. Anytime this week, blog about what in life you find funny. It could be something that happened during the week, your general impression about why life is funny, or even just your favorite joke. Be creative!
2. Please put a link to my blog in your post. And I'd appreciate it if you'd add my carnival button (made for me by Andie - thanks so much Andie!) to your post. To make this easy, I've put the code to do so under my blog button on my sidebar to the right.
3. After you've posted, come back here and sign up on Mr. Linky below. For the first box, put your name and your blog (example: Wendy @ Weight...What?), then your URL in the second box. Make sure you link directly to your "Life is Funny" post (not to your main page) so we can all read what you have to say.
4. Visit all the other participants and see what they have to say, even if you don't have a blog of your own. And very important: Comment, comment, comment! Oh, how we love getting comments...
5. If you Twitter, please tweet about this - the more participants, the merrier! So go out and spread the laughter! I can't wait to see what everyone has to say!