Thursday, September 17, 2009

Pretend it's Friday

My bloggy friend, Beki, over at PamperingBeki has a blog carnival every Friday called "Fingerprint Friday" in which you post a picture that shows where you see God's fingerprints in your life. Love Beki, love her carnival. But I rarely participate. Why? Well for one thing, a camera is a hard thing to come by around here. I'm hoping to get a good camera sometime in the future (A Canon Rebel XT would make a lovely Christmas gift - hint, hint.), but for now, most of the pictures I take are on borrowed cameras. And now there's also the added hurdle of having the Fellowship of the Traveling Smarty Pants Twitter Ho-down on Fridays. So you see, I'm a bit stuck. Good thing I have an active imagination and can pretend that today is Friday. Some call it delusional, I call it genius. Potato/potahto. Either way, I'm participating this week.

Photobucket

This is Maya, one of my daughter's favorite stuffed animals. When my dad went in to the hospital the first time, my mom was having a difficult time sleeping at night. Big new house, weird sounds, nightmares and such. So my daughter brought grandma Maya to sleep with and to scare away the nightmares. Comfort in times of trouble. Looks like God's fingerprints to me.

11 comments:

Helen said...

Your daughter is so sweet. She is the fingerprint, no matter what the picture you post shows!

Ginny (MAD21) said...

I just love how genuine our kids are. This is a great story. Love the idea of Fingerprint Friday!

jasonS said...

That's so cool. And I would just like to pretend every day is Friday- works for me.

Tiffany S said...

She's such a sweetie!

Heart2Heart said...

I would definitely say this qualifes as God's fingerprint.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Snowcatcher said...

Definitely a Fingerprint. How sweet of your daughter to sacrifice her favorite buddy to comfort her grandmother!

Free At Last said...

"Comfort in times of trouble" - something we can all use! So sweet - thanks for sharing :)

rentz said...

Such a cute, sweet fingerprint.

artsyclay said...

What a sweet story!

Rebekah said...

how touching! the kindness of a child is a wonderful thing to behold.

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Okay, usually you make me laugh. But that made me cry.

So sweet!