Monday, April 19, 2010

Life is Funny - Recycle, Reduce, Reuse

Photobucket

If you follow me on Twitter (And why wouldn't you?), you may have noticed me mentioning that I'm considering doing yet another blog. Why? Because Weight...What? and Fellowship of the Traveling Smarty Pants just aren't enough to contain me and my multiple personalities my creativity. What kind of blog would it be, one might ask. Well, I'll tell one. A blog about making stuff. Whatever kind of stuff that pops into my head. 'Cuz I'm a rebel and can't be limited to just crafts.

But here's the thing: I'm thinking this new blog will be more normal mainstream than this one. So what do I do with my crazy ideas? Post 'em here, of course! Sorry/you're welcome.

So, you know how everyone is all up in the green lately? Yeah, yeah. Recycle, reduce, reuse. Well hey, I can be environmentally friendly. And what better way to go green than with Mother Nature, a.k.a. Aunt Flo? Because besides making me want to dance, that time of the month makes me want to do crafts. Recycled crafts.

Ladies, if you're like me, and I know you are, that time of the month makes me feel musical. And joyful. So what better way to express that than by making a pan flute?

Photobucket

Then you'll want to give a performance, right?

Now I've heard tell, though I can hardly believe it, that there are some gals who aren't excited about the arrival of Aunt Flo. While I may not understand it, I've got you ladies covered, too. How about a nice tampon shooter with matching bandolier?

Photobucket

Just notice the fine craftmanship! It's amazing what you can do with recycled objects and a glue gun, isn't it? And although I make no guarantees, you might just want to have one of these babies available in case of a zombie attack.

Now go get that glue gun and get to crafting! It's good for the planet.

Got something to share here at the Life is Funny blog carnival? I'll bet you do! Link up below with Mr. Linky. He loves a good linking.

10 comments:

Sarah Salter said...

OH MY GOSH! I've thought about using them for nosebleeds before, but the rest of this stuff... OH MY GOSH!

♥ Kathy said...

I should have known better than to be drinking coffee when I got to your post...it's now all over my computer screen! Thanks :)

jasonS said...

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Helen said...

I want to know why it is a guy holding the shooter. What does he need tampons for? I suspect he is NOT recycling,..

jasonS said...

hey Helen, the guy is just trying to help in a pinch. You just better hope he doesn't have an itchy trigger finger... Oooh, that sounds way dirtier than I meant it...

'Sorry/you're welcome' indeed.

katdish said...

AWESOME! BTW - I saw an awesome template for craft bloggers. Lemme see if I can find that link...

Joy said...

I can't believe it actually worked. The pan-flute, I mean.

I'm going to hang onto that idea for when I need to embarrass a teenage son.

Tiffany S said...

Hmmmm.... I've seen a marshmallow gun made out of PVC pipe that shot mini-marshmallows, but a tampon gun? Now that's just brilliant!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Oh.My.Good.Golly.Gosh.

That's just insane.

By the way, I started another new blog. ;-) No one has the link to it yet! It's my little secret...

Unknown said...

Oh dear.. GOOD ONE!