Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I may be biased, but that doesn't mean I'm not right.

Photobucket

If it's Tuesday, that means I must have learned something... See what others have learned over at Musings of a Housewife.

I have the cutest daughter in the whole world. I may be biased, but that doesn't mean I'm not right. Anyway, she made me a little book for Mother's Day this year. What I've learned this week is that she has a totally different perspective on things than I do. Different and interesting.


Photobucket

Okay, I'll give her the cooking thing. But rice? I'm an expert when it comes to Minute Rice? That seems to be a step down from the grilled cheese sandwiches that she said were her favorite last year. And the gardening thing? Yeah, not so much. I have two black thumbs and kill everything I put into the ground. I go to Home Depot and bring back sacrifices. Although I must say, my weeds are doing very well.


Photobucket

I'm guessing that they were supposed to write something about what Mommy does for work. I'm a stay-at-home mom, so I guess she thinks that trying to keep the dog from barking is my most important job. Little does she know that the rest of my time is spent watching soaps and eating bonbons.


Photobucket

Isn't it cute that she thought I looked pretty on my birthday? I'm just wondering who she might have been looking at though, because I don't own a purple dress. Or purple shoes for that matter. It's interesting how she remembers the restaurant as the lemon cookie place. It's a really great Italian restaurant. But yeah, their lemon cookies are to die for.


Photobucket

This one? It's right on. And she did give me a card with a picture, but I'm still waiting on the arm rubbies...

I really do love how she looks at things. It makes me wish that I could put on some kid-view glasses and take another look around myself. You never know, if I did that I just might be wearing a purple dress and shoes.

While you're here, how about checking out my blog carnival, Life is Funny? Join in if you'd like. There's lots of funny to go around!

13 comments:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Oh that is so sweet!!

Helen said...

That was adoreable.

Unknown said...

Precious and sweet.

A couple of years ago my daughter wrote ne a poem on a similar theme. The first line was "My Mum is a lovely bowl of irish stew"....I can hear Hallmark beating a path to our door!

Terra said...

Holy adorable! Yes your daughter is almost as awesome as mine (tee hee!!!)

What happened to your blog? am I wrong or has it changed?

Alison said...

How great that she views you so positively (even the things that you KNOW aren't your talent!) The part about the purple dress that you don't have is so funny!

Candy said...

I love me some arm rubbies! Precious little one - she really deserves more than rice. Minute rice, no less.

Sherri Murphy said...

Precious! I want to see a pic of you in the purple dress and shoes!

MoonGoddess said...

Simnply precious!

You HAVE got to keep this for when she is older. Its just too cute.

It even deserves a trip to the lemon cookie place in matching purple dresses, after the arm rubby of course.

...I better let you get back to keeping Gidget from barking! :)

Jaime (ChaseNKids) said...

This is the most sweetest post I've read in a long time!!!

I want to see pictures of the purple dress and shoes too!

Billy Coffey said...

Just shaking my head, smiling...

Heather said...

I love hearing what they think is important! So very cute!

Darcie - Such The Spot said...

How adorable is that?! Did they have it all bound and stuff at school? Wow. Some school she goes to. Very cute.

Is purple her favorite color by any chance?

Tiffany S said...

Maybe you should go out and find a purple dress. I bet it'll look fabulous! :)