Don't worry folks, the wait is over. It's time for another round of Life is Funny! Sign up below and add your funny. I know you've got some funny...
If you read my post the other day, you know that we went to Great Wolf Lodge. You may also remember the giant bucket 'o' water that periodically gets dumped on unsuspecting people below it. If you missed that post, check it out here. Make sure to watch the short video clip, too. I'll still be here when you get back.
First let me start by saying that my daughter is a big ol' chicken. She doesn't like to try new things and even gets scared of things she's already done before. I had to force her to go down one of the smaller waterslides while on our trip. I'm sure she'll be in therapy for years over that one. I'm such a mean mommy.
If you watched the video, you saw that under the giant bucket of death was a play area with a big contraption you could climb around in. It was so cool! It had water cannons that you could shoot at people below you, small buckets that you could fill and tip, and all kinds of other fun features. It also had a little bridge. It would take about 4 kid-sized steps to get across it. Well, guess who was afraid to cross it? Yup, my daughter. She refused to cross it without me helping her. I refused to go help her. So there she stood, unmoving. I called to her to come across, but she just wouldn't budge.
Well, at least for a while she wouldn't.
You see, while she stood there refusing to move, the giant bucket of water was filling up above her. And while I was safely under a covered roof, she was not. You guessed it. She got pummeled by 1000 gallons of falling water. Being the kind, considerate mom that I am, I stood there and laughed at her. She wasn't too happy with me about that one. But you know what? She came over the bridge on her own after that one. Sometimes it pays to listen to your mother so you don't become blog fodder. Muahahaha!
Ready to play? Here's what you do.
Okay, it doesn't look like Mr. Linky is coming back up anytime soon. If you want to join in, go ahead and put your link in the comment section. If/when Mr. Linky comes back, I'll transfer your info to it. Now get to it!
1. Anytime this week, blog about what in life you find funny. It could be something that happened during the week, your general impression about why life is funny, or even just your favorite joke. Be creative!
2. Please put a link to my blog in your post. And I'd appreciate it if you'd add my carnival button (made for me by Andie - thanks so much Andie!) to your post. To make this easy, I've put the code to do so under my blog button on my sidebar to the right.
3. After you've posted, come back here and sign up on Mr. Linky below. For the first box, put your name and your blog (example: Wendy @ Weight...What?), then your URL in the second box. Make sure you link directly to your "Life is Funny" post (not to your main page) so we can all read what you have to say.
4. Visit all the other participants and see what they have to say, even if you don't have a blog of your own. And very important: Comment, comment, comment! Oh, how we love getting comments...
5. If you Twitter, please tweet about this - the more participants, the merrier! So go out and spread the laughter! I can't wait to see what everyone has to say!