I know, I know. You've been waiting all week. But not to worry, the wait is over. Yes, it's time for the Life is Funny blog carnival! Try not to get too excited.
When my daughter was younger, she had some trouble saying different words. Okay, truth be told, she still has trouble saying "hospital." She says "hospible." I love that about her. For the most part, I haven't corrected her when she says something incorrectly. It's just too cute and I know that she'll figure it out on her own eventually.
There was one word in particular that really tickled me. Instead of "oven," she'd say "boven." Oddly enough, boven came up often in conversation. For some reason, my husband decided he needed to get in on this one and try to teach her the correct pronunciation of oven. The conversation went something like this:
Him - You're saying it wrong. It's "oven."
Her - "Boven."
Him - No, "oven."
Her - I can't say it right.
Him - Can't say what right?
Her - I can't say "oven." I can only say "boven."
We had a good long laugh over that one. I don't think she really understood why, either. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to make sure that dinner isn't burning in the boven.
(Psst! There's going to be a new blog carnival this Friday over at Fellowship of the Traveling Smarty Pants! Twitterer's: Get ready!)
Now it's your turn. Ready to play? Here's what you do.
1. Anytime this week, blog about what in life you find funny. It could be something that happened during the week, your general impression about why life is funny, or even just your favorite joke. Be creative!
2. Please put a link to my blog in your post. And I'd appreciate it if you'd add my carnival button (made for me by Andie - thanks so much Andie!) to your post. To make this easy, I've put the code to do so under my blog button on my sidebar to the right.
3. After you've posted, come back here and sign up on Mr. Linky below. For the first box, put your name and your blog (example: Wendy @ Weight...What?), then your URL in the second box. Make sure you link directly to your "Life is Funny" post (not to your main page) so we can all read what you have to say.
4. Visit all the other participants and see what they have to say, even if you don't have a blog of your own. And very important: Comment, comment, comment! Oh, how we love getting comments...
5. If you Twitter, please tweet about this - the more participants, the merrier! So go out and spread the laughter! I can't wait to see what everyone has to say!