Thursday, February 25, 2010

Freak Magnet

The other day, I wrote a seemingly normal (for me, anyway) post. Then things got more interesting. I received a comment that was both spam and someone taking offense at my words. The words in question? Tin foil hat. Oh yeah. While I didn't approve the comment (I don't approve of spam. Or Spam, for that matter.), it was just too good to not do something with. So for your reading pleasure, I present... The Comment:

Jeremy has left a new comment on your post "Life is Funny - Things that make me go hmmm...":

I have a problem with your use of the term, "tin foil hat". Everyone knows that only a steel V2K Cap will protect against mind control weaponry.

Go ahead. Click on the link. Expand your mind. I'll wait here.

Photobucket

Oh yeah, they're out there. And apparently looking for blogs mentioning tin foil hats. And since I have word verification on my comments, I'm guessing that it was a real live person who took offense and wrote this comment.

Photobucket

So, it appears our friend, Jeremy, makes his own special hats. What, tin foil not good enough for ya? It's for more than just covering leftovers, you know.

Photobucket

You can also wrap your favorite 70's band in it to keep them fresh. Hey, could somebody please get Björn more tin foil? Really. He's showing a little too much freshness.

We need our tin foil! Yes, even for making hats. Because those aliens and secret government agencies are out to steal our brainwaves! You know they're out there...

Photobucket

Now, because I'm such a giver (which I remind you of constantly), I've got directions for you on how to make your own tin foil hat. You know you'll need one.

Photobucket

And while you're at it, why don't you make one for your dog, too? That dog has seen way too much to be left unprotected.



Photobucket

Now if you'll excuse me. There's a very large butterfly net with my name on it.

11 comments:

Max02 said...

What could you possibly not approve of in SPAM; it's AWESOME!

jasonS said...

So if you're a freak magnet and we are friends... Hey! I don't like where this is going...

Natika said...

My dog see's tin foil and freaks out!
Leftovers go in tin foil!
Tin foil also goes on grandma's tv ears...don't ask me why???!!!!

Cynthia Schuerr said...

LOL! LOL! LOL! Oh, this is too funny!
Might this have an underlying meaning, having to do with Glen Beck?
LOL!

♥ Kathy said...

hahahahahaa I have a feeling Jeremy will be back :p

Shark Bait said...

Sweet toasted paranoia!!

I thought that comment was a joke until I saw his page!!!

Makes sense though, because if I'm worried about the State using East German microwave technology the best way to preserve your most valuable organ is to wrap it in tin-foil.

huh???

Jeanne Damoff said...

Okay. This has never happened to me before, ever, but when I read the line, "You can also wrap your favorite 70's band in it to keep them fresh," I actually spewed my own spit on the screen and keyboard of my MacBook Pro. If this thing shorts out, I'm holding you responsible.

100 points. Wow.

Heart2Heart said...

Wendy,

I love this post! There is a restaurant here that makes you your very own tin foil hat when you dine there. There is something to it.

Be sure you stop by today for a last minute opportunity to participate in two giveaways for tomorrow.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Helen said...

I still say you are better off using Reynold's Wrap than that cheap generic stuff! THIS IS YOUR MIND WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!!! Shouldn't you protect it with the very best? You are worth it, Wendy. YOU are worth it....

Anonymous said...

Who knew spam could be so entertaining?
I need to make one of those beanies!

Kelli said...

Only you! Only you! Just shaking my head in disbelief. Too funny :)!!!!