Saturday, November 22, 2008

Where do they get it?

Photobucket

I've noticed my 6 year old daughter using a certain phrase quite a bit lately. Whenever she's trying to do something and gets frustrated, I hear, "Oh, come on!" I thought it was a bit odd and I've been wondering where she picked that one up. Maybe at school? From her daddy? Um, no.

Today I was at the gas station and getting very frustrated because the pin pad wasn't working properly. What came out of my mouth? "Oh, come on!" As soon as I said it, the lightbulb went on. Surely I must have picked it up from my daughter, right? Okay, okay...she got it from me. This isn't the first time, either. When she was 2 years old, I'd hear from the back seat of the car, "Move it, buddy!" Yes, my adorable little girl was yelling at other drivers. And she always did it at the appropriate time, too. Kids are too smart for their own good.

So, will I spout nothing but sunshine and rainbows from now on? Don't count on it. I've got to give her something to talk about in counseling later.

No comments: