Thursday, December 31, 2009

To Blave: A guest post by Miracle Max

Wendy can't write her blog post today because she's been mostly dead for a while now. Don't worry. I gave her a miracle pill and she'll be fine. She just needs to wait at least an hour before writing.


When Wendy asked me to do a guest post about love, I thought sure. I mean, who knows more about love than me, right? And it really is true - there's nothing better than true love besides a nice mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich. Or cough drops. Or chocolate. But besides those things, love is right up there
.



Don't roll your eyes at me, witch!



Really Max? You're gonna go there again?



Fine. People, this is my wife, Valerie. Valerie, this is people. Happy now?



Overjoyed. So what do you think you can tell these people about love?



Hey, I've been married to you for more than 80 years, I should know something.



Don't make me roll my eyes at you again.



Do ya mind? I'm trying to write a post here.



Don't let me stop you.



Now, where was I? Oh yeah, love. You think love happens every day? Hah? Okay, yeah, it does. What? You were expecting something different? Look around. People everywhere are loving each other. Sure, there are other not-so-nice feelings going on out there, too, but love is all over the place.



The real question is why we love.



I'm gonna let you in on a little secret here: We wouldn't be able to love unless we had been loved first. It was a gift that was given us. A miracle if you will. And believe you me, I know miracles.



That was really nice, Max.



Thank you, Valerie. I do what I can.



I love you, Max.



I love you, too, Valerie.



Want to see what other people have to say about love? Then take a look-see at the One Word at a Time blog carnival. There's love all over the place there. Miraculous.

5 comments:

katdish said...

Sigh...I love Princess Bride. Now I must watch it this weekend. Again. For like the 100th time.

That's how much I love this movie.

Anonymous said...

I think I need to get the hubby to watch this with me again... soon!

He loves it when I tell him:
"I'm not a witch, I'm your wife!"

Candy said...

Well I'm sure glad Nick made me watch PB so I could be all schooled before reading this. I need to see it again, too. Once is definitely not enough.

Rebecca said...

Oh, I do love Princess Bride! :) I was just telling a friend that she *had* to watch it the other day. The Shrieking Eels came up in a Scene-It DVD question. ;)

I believe I'll have to go watch PB again, again. :)

Anonymous said...

good reminder that Love is all mixed in with the other stuff that is going on.