Yes kids, it's that time again! Get your funny stories ready and jump on the Life is Funny carnival train!
Earlier today, I was trying to come up with a topic for this post. The day was quickly passing, and I had yet to come up with an idea. Maybe wishing for a blog topic is a bad idea, especially if you're trying to write about how your life is funny. Yes, a topic did present itself...
I'm a pretty good cook. For the most part, my meals are quite yummy. But where I suffer is at the grill. No one ever really taught me the art of grilling. My husband is even less knowledgeable than me. But since we like our grilled food, I have been doing my best to grill like the best of 'em. I have to say, most of my grilling has been pretty successful.
Today I decided that I was going to make ribs for the first time. Mmm... Ribs... With the past successes under my belt, I felt pretty confident in my ability to grill up those ribs. After searching for recipes online, I saw that cooking was a two-part process and I'd have to boil the ribs first. Okay, no problem. I can boil. After an hour of boiling, the directions said to coat with sauce and refridgerate for 2 hours. Hey, I can refridgerate, too. Then came the grill. I got that baby all heated up and put my ribs down. Things were going well. I went back for the first flip and was happy to see that the ribs were coming along just fine. So back inside I went to wait for the next flip.
But then there was an awful lot of smoke outside. Hmmm... Okay, barbeques can smoke, right? I figured I'd better go check. So I opened the lid...
Oh yeah, it was a backdraft. Thankfully my eyebrows are still intact. I turned off the gas burners, yet flames still continued to fly off the grill. What was left of the meat just didn't want to stop burning. As a matter of fact, even the bones were on fire. I had to resort to using baking soda to get the fire out. Yes, I had creamated our dinner. Creamated. Trying to pick up what used to be ribs from the grill resulted in grabbing nothing more than ash. My husband likes a bit of char on his meat, but this was ridiculous. So guess who went out to dinner tonight? Yeah, I think ribs will be going on the "don't make these ever again" list.
Ready to play? Here's what you do.
1. Anytime this week, blog about what in life you find funny. It could be something that happened during the week, your general impression about why life is funny, or even just your favorite joke. Be creative!
2. Please put a link to my blog in your post. And I'd appreciate it if you'd add my carnival button (made for me by Andie - thanks so much Andie!) to your post. To make this easy, I've put the code to do so under my blog button on my sidebar to the right.
3. After you've posted, come back here and sign up on Mr. Linky below. For the first box, put your name and your blog (example: Wendy @ Weight...What?), then your URL in the second box. Make sure you link directly to your "Life is Funny" post (not to your main page) so we can all read what you have to say.
4. Visit all the other participants and see what they have to say, even if you don't have a blog of your own. And very important: Comment, comment, comment! Oh, how we love getting comments...
5. If you Twitter, please tweet about this - the more participants, the merrier! So go out and spread the laughter! I can't wait to see what everyone has to say!