Tuesday, February 17, 2009

How can you hate the Colonel?

Photobucket

Corporate America has my number, and they call it frequently. I know they're out to get me. Hmmm... Wendy needs some coffee - run that coffee commercial! Suddenly, I'm really craving a cup. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've felt the need to have Calgon take me away. But the most insidious of all is the Colonel. You know what I'm talking about, don't you?

A few days ago, there was a KFC commercial on t.v. Yup, they got me. It's been on my mind since then. I don't even like fried food, but a few times a year, that evil Colonel with his secret herbs and spices sucks me in. Evil, I tell you!

So we went to KFC for dinner tonight. I wasn't even hungry, but the husband and kiddo were "starving". I'm afraid I was a disappointment to my husband tonight - he was expecting a chicken frenzy since I've been craving it. Nope, just a little bit of chicken and the mashed potato-like substance that I couldn't finish. Still, I got in my fix. I can go on living another day. It'll be months before I have to give in to the Colonel's wicked lure again.

I know I'll be paying the price for this outing. The Colonel's Revenge should start kicking in any time now. Ick.


3 comments:

MoonGoddess said...

I get that way too. I will crave random naughtiness. Good thing is that most of the time you just get a refresher in why you stopped eating it in the first place.

Like I was craving this steak & cheese that I used to eat when I worked in the mall. Finally gave in & got one... staleish bread & barely any meat or cheese. Eh..I'm good for another decade.

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Haha!! Too funny.

That's how my dh and I feel about Long John Silver's. We go about once a year because it finally sounds good again, and then later we realize why we only go once a year. YUCK!

gina said...

I hear ya sista!!!!