Thursday, February 19, 2009

Twitterpated

Photobucket

Do you remember your first love? I sure do. I even remember what I thought was my first love, but all he wanted to do was sneak me out to the garage to kiss me. He was cute and I gave in. Yup, I was an easy 4 year old. My real first love came in kindergarten. Bobby... He was dreamy...

My first day of kindergarten, I was distraught. I had never been to preschool, so I wasn't used to my mom leaving me somewhere that wasn't Grandma's house. My mom walked me to school that day and said her goodbyes, me in tears. As my mom made the long walk away, I was inside the fence following along and crying for her not to leave me. Unfortunately for her, the kindergarten yard was very long, so there was a lot of weeping for her to walk away from. When I reached the end of the fence, I stood there, inconsolable, wondering why she would just leave me like that. Suddenly, Bobby was there with his arm around me. He said, "Don't worry, I'll take care of you." That was it - I was smitten. And he did take care of me. All throughout kindergarten Bobby was there for me. What a guy...

My daughter had her "Bobby" last year in kindergarten. I'd hear stories about how he'd take her to the office when she was sick and would stay with her to take care of her. I'd mention his name to her and she'd get this little grin on her face or start giggling. It was pretty darn cute. I found out from the sweetheart's mom that the two of them had to be separated in class quite a few times because they wanted to hug each other all the time. I know some parents might get upset about something like this, but I'm not one of those parents. I have wonderful memories of times like that for me. I hope that my daughter remembers her first love. Every girl should have a "Bobby" at some time in her life.

So, who was your first love?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember Bobby..good thing you met him early in life....I knew his Mom...she was a handful!!!!
My first love was also a Bobby. He took care of me as well. He used to dig tunnels huge tunnels in his back yard and I'd help him haul the dirt..so romantic

mom2gkandd said...

Okay, I am going to post here too, I really can't remember as far back as you can....I have always been memory defficent. But the first "love" I can remember was in junior high. I was a violinist in the orchestra, and he played the stand up bass. His name was Jake. He was a "waver" as we called them then, but kind of a cross between goth and skater now. I remember the most thrilling thing I ever got to do with him was sit in the same bus seat with him on the way to an orchestra field trip....

Cassandra

Michele said...

My first love was also in Kindergarden! His name was Tommy Tucker, and all I really remember about it all was that he also was the first boy to kiss me.....on the cheek, of course. It was on the Kindergarden playground in this little hideaway that the bushes created. I remember that a bunch of other kids were in there with us to witness the kiss. It was so cute and such a fun memory!!

Thanks so much!!
Michele R.(CA)
luvkittysmeowmail@gmail.com
Butterfly Whispers