Monday, March 2, 2009

And to think that I saw it on Mulberry Street...

Photobucket

Did you know that today is Dr. Seuss' birthday? His books are as fun for me today as they were when I was a kid. Okay, maybe more so now. There are just so many of his books to love!

Who can resist Green Eggs and Ham? I do not like them in a house. I do not like them with a mouse. I do not like them here or there. I do not like them anywhere. I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them, Sam-I-am.

My personal favorite is One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish. From near to far From here to there, Funny things are everywhere.

My daughter loves it when I read Fox in Socks to her - have you read it? That is the tongue-twistiest book I've ever read! We'll find something new to do now. Here is lots of new blue goo now. New goo. Blue goo. Gooey. Gooey. Blue goo. New goo. Gluey. Gluey.

So much to love!

Did you know that there's a really cool Dr. Seuss website? There are fun games to play there, you can read up on Dr. Seuss, see the catalog of books and more. Oh, and check out the Read Across America link there - it's still going on for a bit longer. And hey, there's a contest going on, too. Wait. Forget about entering the contest. No, really, don't enter. You wouldn't want to win some silly old contest now, would you?

So, what's your favorite Dr. Seuss book?

Photobucket


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was weird. I was just clicking over to your blog from Google reader when your emailed comment came into my inbox...

Okay, my favorite Dr. Suess book is Wocket in my pocket. Like all the others it's a fun one to read. Short and sweet too; perfect for naptime!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

My favorite is Oh The Places You'll Go.

But my favorite quote is the one you have listed, A person is a person no matter how small. Someone sent that to me after my first pregnancy loss and I thought it was so appropriate!