Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Why I don't need a weatherman to tell me that snow is coming

Photobucket

We got some snow here in lovely Washington a few days back. I hadn't watched the news, but I knew it was coming. How? I looked at my statcounter, of course.

I love having a statcounter. It's been a real kick to see what people are doing in relation to my blog. But a statcounter as a weather forecaster? Yes. At least, when snow is coming. Why is that? Because people start Googling "First Snowflake Freakout Lady" like crazy! And for those of you who Googled it and landed here, just hit that link I just posted and it will safely get you to instructions on how to hear the commercial. And I know you want to hear the commercial. It's a great commercial. I just had to go listen to it again myself.

So the moral of the story, boys and girls, is to blog about a commercial that is wildly popular and they will come...

Don't forget to join in my new blog carnival - Life is Funny!

2 comments:

katdish said...

So, I did not google "First Snowflake Freakout Lady" and find your blog. I actually found your blog because you commented on my blog, but I think I could probably figure out how you found mine. I recognize another blog that you mentioned in another post. But I digress...

Here's something I thought was kind of funny. Many of my bloggity gal pals tag each other for "awards" and "whatnot". I don't do that, but sometimes I play along. So once my friend Steph tagged me for something called "7 weird things about me", and since she also tagged a bunch of other peeps on my blogroll, by the time I got around to writing my post, all the good titles were taken. I settled for Getcherfreakon, but I was originally going to call it "HOT MONKEY SEX". Then I thought about the type of person that might actually google "hot monkey sex", and decided to change the title.

Anyhoo...Hi Wendy!

Stephanie Wetzel said...

I'm the Steph who tagged party-pooper Katdish. And she neglected to mention that she did use HOT MONKEY SEX in her post. So she still got the weirdo googlers.

Glad you came by my and commented on my blog!

And I can tell already that I'm gonna like you cuz you have a Dr Demento song on your playlist.

Anyone who loves The Ballad of Gumby is a friend of mine. ;)