It's the Life is Funny Carnival time! Do you have something you'd like to share with us? Just sign up at the bottom of this post!
When I was very young, I had a bit of a speech problem. My "s" would come out sounding like "sh" when I spoke. Kinda cute coming from a little kiddo.
One day my family was at church - a nice Southern Baptist church - in the service. You know how little ones are, always needing to go to the bathroom at inconvenient times. On the upside, I told my mom that I needed to go. On the downside, when I had to go to the bathroom, I'd say, "I have to sit." Only with my "s" problem, it didn't quite sound like "sit." Stunned worshippers turned to see who would use such foul language at church. Think my parents were a bit embarrassed? Needless to say, my mom scooped me up pretty quickly and took me out of there so I could "sit." I don't think they went back to that church again...
Making my parent's lives funny for the past 41 years. It's my calling.
Ready to play? Here's what you do.
1. Anytime this week, blog about what in life you find funny. It could be something that happened during the week, your general impression about why life is funny, or even just your favorite joke. Be creative!
2. Please put a link to my blog in your post. And I'd appreciate it if you'd add my carnival button (made for me by Andie - thanks so much Andie!) to your post. To make this easy, I've put the code to do so under my blog button on my sidebar to the right.
3. After you've posted, come back here and sign up on Mr. Linky below. For the first box, put your name and your blog (example: Wendy @ Weight...What?), then your URL in the second box. Make sure you link directly to your "Life is Funny" post (not to your main page) so we can all read what you have to say.
4. Visit all the other participants and see what they have to say, even if you don't have a blog of your own. And very important: Comment, comment, comment! Oh, how we love getting comments...
5. If you Twitter, please tweet about this - the more participants, the merrier! So go out and spread the laughter! I can't wait to see what everyone has to say!