Tuesday, March 17, 2009

God knows things

Photobucket


Time for the "What I Learned This Week" carnival. Be sure to check out what others had to say over at Musings of a Housewife!

I know that this post is supposed to be about something that I learned this week, but after a conversation I had with my daughter yesterday, I just had to write about what she learned this week. My daughter, who is 6, will often ask questions about God. Some of the stuff she comes up with is pretty funny. Yesterday she was trying to figure out just how much God really knows.

“Mommy, how tall am I going to be?”

“I don’t know sweetie, only God knows that.”

“Will He tell me?”

“Nope, it’s just one of those things you’ll have to wait to find out.”

“How does God know?”

“Because He knows everything.”

From there she went on to learn that God knew what she was thinking at that very moment (“But I’m not thinking about anything!), how many hairs were on her head (“No, I can’t count them for you.”) and who she would be playing with the next day at school (“No, He won’t tell you that either. You’ll just have to wait and see.”).

Watching her, I could just see the wheels turning as she tried to wrap her 6 year old brain around all this information. Heck, how could I wrap my adult brain around it all? I’m not sure how much she understands, but one thing that she did learn:

God knows things.

Don't forget to join in on
my blog carnival, "Life is Funny." C'mon, you know your life is funny...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww such sweet lessons your daughter learned this week. I love that God knows so much about us makes me feel special. I hope you have a great week :-)

Unknown said...

What a great post!! Thanks for stopping over at my blog and please come again!

jen@odbt said...

Don't you love it when those wheels are turning? She's a smart girl. My kids ask about Santa and leprechauns. LOL!

Lori said...

That's a sweet exchange to share... I love how kids have questions about God and accept the fact that there are some things we just don't know, this side of heaven. Their child-like faith is inspiring...

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

That's so cute!

I'll have to keep my eyes open this week for something funny in my life... :) Looks like a fun series!

Your Muppets music cracked me up.

Anonymous said...

If your daughter is anything like mine ten years from now she'll be asking if God knows the winning lottery numbers. And if he'll share...Treasure the innocence while it lasts my friend. :)

Unknown said...

Love it!

We were trying to explain to our 4 year old about although we could not see Jesus, He is always with us, and we can feel him in our hearts.

He replied - I can't feel Jesus in my heart, but sometimes in my tummy and in my brain!

Happy St Patrick's Day from N Ireland :)

Alison said...

How cute! My 6 yo daughter is going through the same stage--she's always asking about God.

Musings of a Housewife said...

That's awesome. I love to see their wheels turning. :-)

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

That is an excellent thing to learn! Good for her!
Blessings,
kim

The Buntens said...

Oh, I do love what kids learn. And teach us in the process! God knows things - good lesson to learn.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad He knows!

AiringMyLaundry said...

How cute.

My son asks a lot of questions about God as well.