It's that time again! Time to dust off your funny bone and get some laughter in. Make sure you sign up and tell your story, because laughing at yourself can be pretty fun, too.
Back when my husband and I were just starting out, I used to work at a place that wasn't terribly close to home. On occassion, my husband would drive down and meet me for lunch. One of our favorite places was this really great burger joint - you know, the kind that has monster-sized, messy burgers? Yup, we'd have a yummy and usually very messy lunch together.
One day in particular, we were eating our lunches and talking. I had finished my burger and wiped my face to make sure I was presentable. When I asked my husband if I got it all, he told me that I had. I continued to pick at my french fries, but my husband needed to get going. Once it was time for me to get back to work, I got up to leave and was walking toward the door. Then something odd started happening - everyone was staring at me as I walked by. Okay, that was weird. I got outside and was walking to my car, and people were staring at me out there, too. Huh. I got into my car and was getting ready to drive off, but decided to put some lipstick on before I left. Gotta look decent before going back to work, right? I looked in the mirror and what did I see? A giant blob of barbeque sauce on the end of my nose. Now that's attractive! My husband swears that it wasn't there when I asked him to do a face check on me, but I didn't have any more barbeque sauce after he'd left. Hmmm... Failing eyesight? Or just part of his evil plan?
Husbands. They make your life funny.
Ready to play? Here's what you do.
1. Anytime this week, blog about what in life you find funny. It could be something that happened during the week, your general impression about why life is funny, or even just your favorite joke. Be creative!
2. Please put a link to my blog in your post. And I'd appreciate it if you'd add my carnival button (made for me by Andie - thanks so much Andie!) to your post. To make this easy, I've put the code to do so under my blog button on my sidebar to the right.
3. After you've posted, come back here and sign up on Mr. Linky below. For the first box, put your name and your blog (example: Wendy @ Weight...What?), then your URL in the second box. Make sure you link directly to your "Life is Funny" post (not to your main page) so we can all read what you have to say.
4. Visit all the other participants and see what they have to say, even if you don't have a blog of your own. And very important: Comment, comment, comment! Oh, how we love getting comments...
5. If you Twitter, please tweet about this - the more participants, the merrier! So go out and spread the laughter! I can't wait to see what everyone has to say!