Thursday, October 29, 2009

Happy Blogoversary to me!

Photobucket

It's my blogoversary today! Where are my presents? What? There are no presents? What about the plethora of piñatas I was hoping for? Really? Nothing? Hmph. I see how you are...

For today's fabulous blogoversary extravaganza, I've decided to do a "best of" of sorts. Plus a bit extra. Yes, I've searched my blog to find my 3.5 fan's (the .5 fan is kinda wishy-washy) favorites and post 'em again. Why? Because I couldn't come up with anything more original. So, for your viewing annoyment enjoyment, I present the following...

Best new invention

"Bra Snacks"

Best clip art

Photobucket

Best video (it's a two-way tie)


Best post (it's from my "Life is Funny" blog carnival)

"A Little Extra Effort"

The following story is not mine. But it sure seems like something I'd do.

Photobucket

I was due later that week for an appointment with the gynecologist when early one morning I received a call from his office. I had been re-scheduled for early that morning at 9:30 am. I had just packed everyone off to school and it was 8:45 a.m. already. The trip to his office usually took about 35 minutes so I didn't have any time to spare.

As most women do, I'm sure, I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn't going to be able to make the full effort. I rushed upstairs, threw off my dressing gown, wet the washcloth and gave myself a wash in "that area" in front of the sink, taking extra care to make sure I was presentable. I threw the washcloth in the clothes basket, donned some clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment.

I was in the waiting room only a few minutes when he called me in. Knowing the procedure, as most of us do, I hopped on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended I was in Hawaii or some other place a million miles away from here. I was a little surprised when he said, "My... we have taken a little extra effort this morning, haven't we?" But I didn't respond. The appointment was over. I heaved a sigh of relief and went home.

The rest of the day went normally - some shopping, cleaning, and the evening meal, etc. At 8:30 that evening, my 14-year old daughter was getting ready to go to a school dance when she called down from the bathroom, "Mom, where's my washcloth?" I called back for her to get another one from the cabinet. She called back "No! I need the one that was here by the sink. It had all my glitter and sparkles in it!"

And for a little bit extra...

"You googled what to get here?"

something funny that everyone needs - Well, of course that would lead to my blog. Where else would it go?

today is what i need to deal with tomorrow is something else - Yes, but what IS tomorrow exactly?

I've gotta get out of here - Take me with you!

earn your mancard back - But you can't have mine. I've had it bronzed.

kosher bra - Yes, but would it be considered meat or dairy? Yup, could go both ways. See the conundrum?

nude dietitians - Wow. Really?

jesus turban - It wasn't a turban, it was a Turbie Twist®. Dries your hair faster.

"snot rash" - How to get it or get rid of it?

ooo a sparkly! - Yes, my blog is very twinkly, very sparkly. Like a holiday.

"I peed my" wet pants - I did not! At least, not this week anyway.

no no bad dog - Gidget! This one's for you!

what gives great happened you r life - Huh?

anti raisinite - Wow, it's like they know me...

I think that's enough for now. I wouldn't want to overwhelm you with too much fabulousness. No, no. No applause. Just throw money.

9 comments:

katdish said...

You forgot to mention Annie's frontsettes.

Happy Blogoversary! I missed mine...

jasonS said...

Ahhh, you have big, big problems when you pee your already wet pants. Actually I guess if you didn't pee them in the first place, then maybe it would be okay since no one would know until they started sniffing the ammonia scent... The perfect crime- almost.

What? I'm rambling? Shirley you must be joking (and yes, I called you Shirley)...

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogoversary, Wendy!

I'm really sad I missed the post about nude dietitians, it sounds like one I would have enjoyed.

Oh, and anything with Gidget... How could I not like that?

Sarah Salter said...

Happy Blogoversary, Wendy! I missed most of this the first time around, so I really appreciated getting to share in the hysteria this time. :o)

jasonS said...

Oh yeah, and happy blogiversary too! Started rambling and forgot what I was doing... :)

Helen said...

Happy Blogisversary! I know my cyber life is all the richer for have you in it, girl! Love ya!

Billy Coffey said...

Happy Blogiversary, Wendy! You complete me.

Rebecca said...

Happy belated Blogoversary, Wendy! I'm sorry I missed it. :(

The gyno-visit is priceless. Nothing says lovin' like sparkles.

Dionna said...

I wasn't sure where you were going with this --- but it DID make me smile. :)