Thursday, January 15, 2009

Raisins - When grapes go bad.

Photobucket

I was reading the blog "i have to say" today, and there was a post about picking the raisins out of raisin bran cereal. I'll be the first to jump on that bandwagon! I, too, would pick the raisins out. I don't know why we couldn't just have bran cereal. Why must I be tortured with raisins?

When I was in college, my raisin picking became legendary. There was a 24-hour restaurant called Frimple's that my friends and I would go to at all hours of the night. They had these yummy, massive cinnamon rolls.

Photobucket

Okay, maybe not quite that big, but still huge. They were so wonderful, except for one small problem. They were packed with raisins. Raisins that you couldn't see unless you dissected the cinnamon roll. So, what's an Anti-Raisinite to do? I ordered an extra plate for the raisins and let the dissection begin. My skill at removing all the raisins was beyond compare. People couldn't help but stare in awe at my extra plate with the mountain of raisins on top. I could have fed a small country with all those evil little things. But not a one made it into my mouth. *sniff* I'm so proud of my collegiate achievement!


Photobucket


1 comment:

gina said...

lol. I read her post too, but I don't get it. Why not just buy bran cereal and a box raisans. Let those who want raisans sprinkle 'em on? Too easy? I like raisans but not in cinnamon rolls, yuck.