Saturday, December 20, 2008

And the award goes to...

Photobucket

And the award for the world's worst sledder goes to...ME!

My family decided that we'd go out and sled on our driveway today. Okay, in all honesty, I was planning on just "playing" in the snow while my husband and daughter did some sledding. Anyway, we've got a great sledding driveway that slopes down from the street level so we don't have to worry about sledding out into cars.

So I bundled up my daughter in her snow suit with various layers underneath, then went to get myself dressed for the snow. Hmmm... I have nothing to wear for cold weather, other than the coat I bought just a couple of days ago (no, I didn't own a coat). What did I put on under my new coat? Two t-shirts, a pair of capri jeans and my rainboots. No, it wasn't exactly my best idea ever. Did you know that rainboots are absolutely no barrier against the cold snow? Gotta get some snow boots.

Everything was going well (except for the frozen feet thing) until my husband and daughter ganged up on me to get me to sled down the hill. Did I know that this was going to be a huge mistake? Of course I did. But I was being taunted by a 6 year old, what else could I do?

So up the hill I went, sled in hand, ready to make a fool of myself. Let me tell you, I didn't disappoint. I made it almost halfway down my driveway before I started to go off the track, and by track I mean going into the bushes and rocks at the side of my driveway. I had kept my feet out in front of me to use as brakes, but my brakes failed. What else was I to do but tip my sled? Then topple and roll down the driveway, getting snow up my capris, down my rainboots and somehow well up inside my coat. Taa-daa!

Now my daughter won't stop mocking me and telling me what a bad sledder I am. Pitiful.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Capri's...really? I have to mock you for that alone...lol. You moved here for the weather...don't ya just love it?!? Sledding is a skill, hang in there don't give up. We LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

Capri's...really? I have to mock you for that alone...lol. You moved here for the weather...don't ya just love it?!? Sledding is a skill, hang in there don't give up. We LOVE IT!