Friday, December 5, 2008

Fra-gee-lay

Every year I have big plans to get all my Christmas decorations up Thanksgiving weekend. Yup, big plans. Does it ever happen? No.

This year was no different. We managed to get the tree up and decorated and my husband hung the Christmas lights. Each year at this house I've managed to get up a few more decorations than the year before, but I have yet to get them all up before Christmas. And really, what's the use in putting them up after Christmas? So, I guess I'd better get more done this weekend... But for now, the rest remain in red and green tubs out in the garage.

Okay, that's not completely true. I have one Christmas decoration that's out all year long. It's my my husband's beloved leg lamp. I bought it for myself him a few years back. I have it proudly displayed in my front window all year long, although I usually only turn it on at Christmastime. Oh, the warm glow...


No comments: