Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Help! I'm being threatened by snow!

Photobucket

I got a call in the wee hours of the morning today. It was a recorded message from the school district cancelling school today because of the threat of snow. Funny, I don't feel threatened...

I have a friend who lives up in North Pole, Alaska, who would probably laugh at our "threat" of a couple of inches of snow. She told me once that the schools up there never even have "snow days" - school just goes on no matter how much snow falls from the sky, and believe me, they get a lot!

Anyway, now I have a silly little monkey child bouncing off the walls here. I could spend half an hour bundling her up and send her outside to play in this new snow, but I know what would happen. She'd last about 5 minutes and then decide that she was done. Or that she has to go to the bathroom. Then I'd get to spend another half hour unbundling her.

But you know I'm going to do it.

How can I not?

After all, the snow is threatening me.

Photobucket

No comments: