Sunday, December 21, 2008

What not to do - a guide for snow beginners

Photobucket

It's still snowing like crazy around here! Very odd to get this much snow where I live.

Yesterday was supposed to be a "break" from the snow, a break that didn't happen. Anyway, the weatherman said there'd be a break, so I, and the rest of my town, took him at his word. We all hit Costco and the grocery store at the same time. Isn't that what you're supposed to do when you're planning on being snowed in? Okay, it should be done before the snow starts, but who knew it would really be around this long?

Of course, I didn't get out of my house until the snow had already started to fall. Never, ever believe the weatherman! Anyway, I was out on the road with all the other crazy people trying to make sure that we'd have everything we needed for Christmas. The stores were completely packed with people, all in panic mode, trying to finish their shopping before the snow got to be too bad.

None of us made it.

It was a winter nightmare wonderland out there. Do you have any idea how hard it is to push a fully loaded shopping cart through the snow? But at least my family will have a lovely ham dinner for Christmas. (See explanation here)

Oh, and by the way... My daughter still keeps laughing hysterically whenever the word "sledding" is mentioned. How long must this mocking go on?!

No comments: