Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My, what big teeth you have!

My daughter and I had appointments with the dentist today. I was getting my teeth cleaned and she was getting her first filling.

Before going in, we talked about what was going to happen and even read a book about going to the dentist. My daughter didn't seem at all worried about what was going to happen. I think it's because she gets completely spoiled by everyone in the office and because the dentist brings her wonderful dog into the office. Pretty nice, huh?

Anyway, I went into one room and she went into another and everything was going fine...

Then came the shrieks, wails and whining. And yes, everyone in the office could hear it. It was pretty embarrassing...

Did I mention that my daughter was already done by this time?

Yup, she didn't even need a shot to numb her up because the cavity didn't go very deep.

Maybe they should have given me the shot. I'm guessing that they wished they had! I'm such a big baby. And they're really gentle!

With all the fuss I was making, you'd think that I had Steve Martin for a dentist...

No comments: