Monday, January 19, 2009

Different is good

Photobucket

A couple of years back, I saw that my daughter was starting to notice that some people looked quite a bit different than she did. I knew what was coming... "Mommy, why does their skin look different than ours?"

I told her that it's because God loves beauty.

I asked her if she thought it would be pretty if all the flowers in the world were the same color. She decided that that wouldn't be a good idea. Flowers are beautiful when there are many colors mixed together. The same thing works with people. Look at all the beautiful colors that God has made us. Wouldn't it be boring if we all looked the same? God loves us and made us all different and wonderful.

"Pretty neat, huh little one?"

I got a smile, and then she was off. I guess she was happy with my answer.

1 comment:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Fun video and that's a great answer for your little one!

That's the same answer I gave when my dd asked me why my Thai friend's lips were brown and mine are pink. haha!! Funny she didn't notice the skin or hair, but she noticed the lips!