Thursday, January 22, 2009

A little off the top

I went in and got a much needed haircut today. My last cut was in the middle of last summer and I was looking very Sheepdogish. Now I can see! I'm going to have to get used to this cut though. When I told the hairdresser that I like to keep it long enough that it will rest on my shoulders, she must have thought I said I don't want it to touch my shoulders. I haven't had my hair this short since 9th grade when I started to grow it out after the evil that was done to it (more on that in another post in the future). I've been getting a lot of compliments on it though. Of course, they could be saying that it looks so good because they're comparing it to how dreadful it looked before. Hmmm...

When my daughter saw my hair, she started to giggle and tell me that it was short. I was wondering if she would ask if she could get her hair cut, too, because she likes getting haircuts. But no, she stuck to her guns. She's recently decided that she wants to grow her hair really long again so she can donate it to Locks of Love. Her hair used to be long enough that she could almost sit on it, but decided to donate it back when she was in kindergarten. I'm sure she made some little redhead with cancer very happy! Her hair grows so fast that it might be long enough again this summer. I have to say that I'm pretty proud of her for wanting to help people like that. This Mommy has a happy heart!

No comments: